Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera's studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laurentius
    Yeah because free newscasting and offering different perspectives is terrorism

Come on MrFun

Can't you read? Here is the other part of the article:

"New reports claim the two leaders debated an attack on the station which has broadcast video messages from al-Qaida head Osama bin Laden and leaders of the insurgency in Iraq, as well as clips of dead British and US soldiers."

This is not merely "expressing" a different "perspective" -- this is blatant, forthright endorsement of terrorism.

I see your and raise it with
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

uh...in what cave have you been living the last 4 years cos you dont seem to know what AJ is. its an independent arabic 24-hour news channel. Its broadcasts involve large amount of news(duh) but also very interesting and sometimes quite proggressive and liberal political and social debates lasting for hours and hours.

AJ has just been doing what ANY news organisation would do if OBL would drop a video tape to their PO box. Its certainly not endorsing "terrorism" but merely giving the other side a chance to express itself in a non-violent manner. I see that very important thing on itself but it also enables a kind of "conversation" between the AQ and rest of us.
      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

"News"
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Yes. Edited and filtered news just like on any 24/7 news channel. I'm not talking about the truth here

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
            uh...in what cave have you been living the last 4 years cos you dont seem to know what AJ is. its an independent arabic 24-hour news channel. Its broadcasts involve large amount of news(duh) but also very interesting and sometimes quite proggressive and liberal political and social debates lasting for hours and hours.

AJ has just been doing what ANY news organisation would do if OBL would drop a video tape to their PO box. Its certainly not endorsing "terrorism" but merely giving the other side a chance to express itself in a non-violent manner. I see that very important thing on itself but it also enables a kind of "conversation" between the AQ and rest of us.

You mean just like people can claim all they want that Fox News is not a pet channel for the Republican party, even though in reality, it is??

Along similar lines that AJ is not endorsement of terrorism, although, it may actually be the case?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No thats not what I mean.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Qatar is a friendly Arab state where US soldiers get R&R while serving in Iraq. Bush is totally nuts.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

MrFun, if we want to start bombing biased news stations, right after AJ goes Fox News. Now you might consider it OK, but it's really not.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera's studios

You all are clearly missing the most fascinating element of this developing story:

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                    Blair 'convinced Bush' not to launch strike at Al-Jazeera

ANDREW WOODCOCK

Comment

I'm sure Dubbya wishes he could just bomb PBS. Gutting its funding will still let it survive well beyond his tendure, where Dems of sane Reps will restore it.

FOX News forever !
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Re: Re: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera's studios

Originally posted by Sphinx871
                        You all are clearly missing the most fascinating element of this developing story:
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Re: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera's studios

Originally posted by Gangerolf

Get all of the latest news from Edinburgh News. Providing a fresh perspective for online news.

OK maybe this whole thing is taken out of context and blown out of proportion etc. Let's hope so.

But even so, if he even said he might bomb a TV station in a friendly nation... WHAT A NUTCASE
                          Isn't that...erm, oh...what's the word...ah...that's it...terrorism?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Didn't they deliberately bomb most of the Al-Jazeera offices in Iraq during the invasion?

So much for spreading "democracy and free speech" to the Arab world
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Re: Re: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera's studios

Originally posted by Sphinx871
                              Ha ha! A common surname...I'm in hysterics
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

"New reports claim the two leaders debated an attack on the station which has broadcast video messages from al-Qaida head Osama bin Laden and leaders of the insurgency in Iraq, as well as clips of dead British and US soldiers."

This is not merely "expressing" a different "perspective" -- this is blatant, forthright endorsement of terrorism.
                                I'm sure even Fox News has shown sound bites of Osama's messages and even a dead american or two... ZOMG FOX IS TEH TERRIERS!!!
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X