No announcement yet.

Let's talk about George RR Martin's "A Feast For Crows"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The butch knight thing Brienne had going was good but I for one was starting to get tired of her. It was almost funny how she managed to get ambushed twice at the same place.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Yeah, she can fight... but she's not real smart.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd probably have read AFFC if he hadn't taken three plus years writing it ...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Slacker.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

AFFC was the worst of the SOI&F books so far - which is not to say it was bad. I liked it, but it was slower, due to less fighting - the battles missing in AFFC are going on in ADWD - Stannis at The Wall and Daenerys on the move.
            I kinda wish he had split it & ADWD up chronologically rather than regionally (though maybe that wasn't possible). It's going to be a little strange reading ADWD when stuff is happening at the same time as AFFC.

Winter is Coming.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I think AFFC was necessary in that it added depth. I think it would be hard to have Cersei's viewpoint if it was in the middle of a battle. In a lull in the action, it's perfect.

Comment

Maybe so, but I got heartily sick of Cersei. But it looks like she'll get the fate she so richly deserves.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

You know you weren't supposed to symphatize with her, right?

Comment

Actually it's not such a good thing to be a sympathetic character - so many of them don't seem to last long.

Comment

Arya is still around .

Comment

Yes, she's had quite a journey.

Valar morghulis.

Comment

I don't see much happening in the next book. Its all supposed to occur chronologically with the last book yet none of it impacted upon the last book.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I'd assume that Dany's consolidating of power and Jon's battles against the Others (as well as the reveal of Coldhands), as well as Tyrion's travels will be 'something' that happens.

It doesn't have to impact on the AFFC story, but have the strong potential to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Arya is still around .
                              Yeah - but the sympathetic characters that survive eventually get some horrible disability. I was pissed off when I read the last line of the last Arya chapter. Can't he leave any of them whole?
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

What fun would that be? Life is hard. Life sucks. Good and bad get screwed up. This ain't no girlie fantasy.

Comment

Working...
                                X