Let's talk about George RR Martin's "A Feast For Crows"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about George RR Martin's "A Feast For Crows"

I just read it and even though it's mostly setting up the scene for book 6, I pretty much liked it as well as the previous books. Arya chapters were pretty kickass and so were the ironmen (I had had doubts about them mainly based on how annoying Theon was, but Martin's certainly taking them to an interesting direction.) Also, A Dance With Dragons should be great (considering there's going to be plenty of Tyrion and Daenerys) and - better yet - come about shortly, since it's mostly written already.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

is his middle name "RailRoad" ?

"RamRod"?

"Ray Ray"?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

IIRC, there was a thread on this.... somewhere...
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

But there were only 4 replies .

Though that may have been because most people hadn't read it.

As for me, I've just started Storm of Swords, and Feast for Crows is on my bookshelf waiting (which is dangerous, I peeked at it when I bought it and spoiled some stuff for myself ).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I just bought the second book(Clash of Kings?) and have been looking for it all weekend.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

ooooooooooh Storm of Swords is pure gold, you've got some good reading ahead of you and a few nice little suprises....

A Feast for Crows was a little disappointing, it was much more predictable and didn't have as much of the sort of surprising plot twists or things that made my want to stand up and cheer as the earlier books, but maybe that's because I read too many spoilers. There was good stuff there too and a few developments that I thought were very overdue (the sparrows especially).

But there were no Tyrion chapters. I love Tyrion
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Yeah, I know there are some good surprises... unfortunely, I've ruined the two biggest ones .

Spoiler:
              Joffery's and Robb's passings... now the only surprise for me is how

And no Tyrion chapters?! *GASP*

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Yeah, I know there are some good surprises... unfortunely, I've ruined the two biggest ones .

Spoiler:
                Joffery's and Robb's passings... now the only surprise for me is how

And no Tyrion chapters?! *GASP*
                Damn! Your ruined those, that sucks

AFFCs was getting too long so it only has half of the POV chapters, the other half will be in ADWD (including Tyrion ). In AFFC the Arya chapters were great and Sansa is starting to come into her own and one of the characters she spends a lot of time with is the closest we get to a Tyrion replacement...
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  is his middle name "RailRoad" ?

"RamRod"?

"Ray Ray"?
                  Obviously he's pretending to be J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                    Damn! Your ruined those, that sucks

AFFCs was getting too long so it only has half of the POV chapters, the other half will be in ADWD (including Tyrion ). In AFFC the Arya chapters were great and Sansa is starting to come into her own and one of the characters she spends a lot of time with is the closest we get to a Tyrion replacement...
                    Yeah, I tend to ruin a lot of stuff if I start reading the series and there are many books. It's a failing. I'm too curious by half .

It's cool how the AFFC and ADWD is almost is like a 'Twin Towers' phenomenon (two books telling the same story from different points of view).

Comment

Well, after reading all the books, so far, Jaime is my favorite character.

Brienne yelled "Arya!" before they finished killing her.

ACK!

Comment

I think she yelled "Sword!"

She has no freaking idea where Arya is (nor where to start looking for her... after all, her look for Sansa was so successful), so I think she said she'd take the sword against Jaime. Her 'honor' took a backseat to saving herself and she'll have to deal with that internally the next time we see her. Martin can make her a paragon of virtuousness! If he does, he'll have to kill her like he killed Ned, the only other person who has been noble in the books.

Comment

But she has a lead on Arya, she didn't on Sansa.

ACK!

Comment

Not like its a good, or even halfway decent, lead on it.

And I don't remember, but I'm not sure if Stoneheart was there to witness the hanging. If she wasn't there, then Arya would have no meaning to her followers.

Comment

George R R Martin books

I started a few weeks after christmas and I'm halfway through A Clash of Kings. Very good so far.
                              "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                              Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X