I'm actually looking forward to going to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    I've hated every job I have ever had. Work sucks. I don't know why anyone would ever want to work. IMO, people who say they like their jobs are either lying or they are delusional. How can you like having to wake up early ever day to waste 40-60 hours a week doing stupid **** for pay that is never enough making money for someone else?
    Simple: you work less than 40 hours a week
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      My wife works harder, deals with MUCH more stress, and gets paid more. I maintain that I've got the better deal.

-Arrian

p.s.
      I am in the same situation, I have a far better deal.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Simple: you work less than 40 hours a week

sorry, this is AMERICA!!! 40hrs is if you are lucky... 50+ is common

lazy frenchies

don't you have some more stuff to firebomb?

or is it just muslims who are rioting?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
          You can whistle at chicks while they walk by though.

He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Not to self: don't get on the bad side of Dis.

There are a lot of places to dump bodies around Las Vegas.

Comment

As was mentioned by other posters, a job can be fundamental to your mental health by giving you a direction, a sense of purpose and a schedule. My job is about as good as I can expect. I work at a hospital on the night shift, 40 hours a week. I work about 4-4.5 hours of that and the rest of the time I read, or surf the net. I'm alone in the office, so I can listen to whatever music I feel like at whatever volume I choose. I get about 6 weeks of paid vacation a year, health insurance, pension benefits etc. The work isn't interesting or particularly fulfilling other than the freedom and security it allows me.

Comment

Wow, Sikander, you work less than me! I figure I put in at least 20-25 hours of real, actual work per week.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Wow, Sikander, you work less than me! I figure I put in at least 20-25 hours of real, actual work per week.

-Arrian
                  Two things probably account for the difference. Firstly, I work at night alone so there's no chance that the boss is going to walk in and interrupt my fun. Secondly, I've been doing this for 14 years and I'm pretty good at it so it doesn't take me long to get my work done.

edit:

Oops, perhaps my first post was misleading. I work 4-4.5 hours a night not a week. So it comes in about the same as you, 20-25 hours a week of actual labor.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                    Currently between degrees. Just finished a BA majoring in political science and philosophy and next year I'm starting a BCA (majoring in public policy and economics) and gonna ad a history major to my BA.
                    Professional student. That's a good job
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      As for this girl, I'm beginning to think she only wants to be friends. I'm fairly certain of it now. I knew she liked me. I picked up on that. She's just not interested in me romantically.
                      Ask her out to lunch and start from there.

Remember, no guts, no glory.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Or, he who hesitates, mastur --YOU KNOW THE REST
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I like my career. Love it, even, even with the bad ****, at least it's different - in my professional career I've taken over more companies (1) than gone on job interviews (0).

And that's the difference... I look at it as a career, not just a job or a series of jobs, and I definitely look at it as something that is largely within my control - all I have to do is be creative enough so that it remains in my control. It's nowhere near as planned as, say, GP's or Ashers, but it's been fulfilling and quite a ride so far.

Comment

-Arrian
                            I shouldn't brag about it, but my teaching probably takes less than 10 hours a week on average.
                            3 hours of teaching, 2 hours of office hours.
                            2 hours preparing maybe, 1 hour general duties (answering emails etc..)
                            add the marking over the session...

Of course I'm expected to work on my thesis at the same time so...

Still I'll be glad next semester when I get to teach some real math (group theory) to students who are actually interested.

Comment

Im really enjoying my work as a cardiac technician, I can work as hard as I want, and have access to all sorts of people to ask questions to.

Its a bit stressful because Im trying to do everything as well as I can, because it really matters. I do take on much harder work than I am supposed to, and my pay doesnt reflect this at all

And of course, there are many many hot confident chicks wandering round the place, not just the nurses, but also the young doctors and clerical staff
                              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

That's when it comes to the crunch though Snotty - when they get a bit resistant to paying you what you are worth...I am just hoping for the best come the end of year review :beer:
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X