I'm actually looking forward to going to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm actually looking forward to going to work

It's good when you have a job you love. It's either that, or I'm crazy. Or both.

Too bad I don't get paid worth a damn. It's almost inhumane how little they are paying me.

The only bad thing is I can't play civ4 at work, and I can't post on the internet. But I really don't want to be around computers that many hours a day. I'd probably get sick of them.
    I love it
    8.16%
    I like it
    36.73%
    it's okay
    30.61%
    it sucks donkey balls
    4.08%
    I don't work- I'm in school
    12.24%
    I don't work- I'm a lazy slacker
    6.12%
    I pick bananas for a living- of course I love it
    2.04%

I like it. Job kind of sucks in some ways, is ok but not thrilling in others.

Some real jerks and weenies there, but some very cool people too, so that tips the balance.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Of course it helps I have this girl I'm interested in at work. . I think she may be interested in me. But I'm not sure. She may only be interested in being friends. But even without her, most of the people at my job seem to like me (or they do a good job pretending ). Only a couple people I've ever had a problem with. And I never see them anymore.

The place I used to work at, everyone seemed to hate me. I was making amazing money (and had the potential to make a lot more), but I quit that job. I just can't work at a place I'm not liked. That's why I could never be a boss. .

Comment

Didn't I just inform you of a better job?
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I'm not sure ****ing 300 pound women is a better job.

Comment

Are you sure this all isn't because of that girl Dis?

My job is okay. Nothing special.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm working as a construction worker, and it's okay.

However, I am fairly content to be at work (despite being a lazy bum who hates work in general), because I have the feeling of not being useless.

The only problem is that I ain't going to find a girlfriend on the construction site. However, I have the young commies for that
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

You can whistle at chicks while they walk by though.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have a M.Sc. and work as an international project leader at a major corporation. It's the job I always wanted. But I've had it for too long time, 14 years and counting

I would rather be a rock star (Which I actually am on my leisure time)
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    You can whistle at chicks while they walk by though.
                    I whistle like crap

And I'm not sufficiently infused with a worker's mindset to do it anyways.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

i go to high school, and to lazy to get a job. besides if i had one how could i frag people all day with my spare time?

although i havebeen offered before a 15-20$\hour job, web stuff. it pays good relative to ammount of actuall work but damned boring,and i dont really like it
                      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

My "full-time" job is a 4th year university student. It's alright, I'm in some interesting courses (Advanced Programming Techniques, Advanced Operating Systems Design, Software Architectures & Design Patterns, Abnormal Psychology, and "The Modern Universe" (Astronomy).

My "part-time" job is as a "consultant" of sorts to my friend's dad's research compute cluster put together this year for BioChem research. I love that. Lots of power. *tim taylor grunt*
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          Are you sure this all isn't because of that girl Dis?

My job is okay. Nothing special.
                          ehh maybe. But I have women at work I'm just friends with. I've never had that before. Although I still think about having sex with them even though we're "just friends". I really don't know how a man can be just friends with a woman without thinking about having sex with them. There must be some trick I don't know about.

That's the advantage of working at a small company. You get closer to people and everyone is more friendly. I've never really developed friends working at larger companies. The exception to that would be the navy. I did make some friends on the aircraft carrier. But that's a little different, since you are working with these people so many hours a day. and you live with them too.

Comment

I just got a new job as an investigator (badge and all, swear to some higher non-exitant deity), and right now I am having fun, and I like it. Thankfyully, its a municipal job, so I have regular hours.

The only problem is that there are lots of more technical aspects that I have yet to be trained for, since my offical training won't be for months, and yet my managers have high hopes for me, so I have gotten thrown right into the job.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                              I'm working as a construction worker, and it's okay.

However, I am fairly content to be at work (despite being a lazy bum who hates work in general), because I have the feeling of not being useless.
                              Me too...

Not feeling useless is marvellous having spent plenty of time being useless, having an anchor on when I get up and go to bed and the money make work a good thing/okay.

Only having buckets of money is an alternative to work, so I'm happy to have the work, the status, respect, stability and money it brings. Being unemployed unvoluntarily sucks goat...

Comment

Working...
                              X