No announcement yet.

"Cool Mom" Gets Thirty Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is over the top. From her POV she probably was just being part of the gang, and I really don't think she intended any harm.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Drugs are illegal anyway, so unless there is a specific provision in the law saying that it's worse to sell it to a minor than it is to an adult...
      As far as I know, there *is* such a provision. Certainly for alcohol. I'm not sure about illegal drugs, but I'd bet there is one.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

wow she's a fugly

Even as a teen I don't know that I would have wanted to be "assaulted" by her

Still, 30 years seems harsh. Its not like 6 or 8 or 10 years is exactly a light sentence .
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

am I the only one who thinks 30 years is appropiate punishment?

If this was a man assaulting teenage girls, 30 years is the least he'd get.

Comment

Dis is right - and we wouldn't be so up in arms about it.

But in any case, this is definetly way out of line - 30 years is just waaaaay out of line. And then you have to ask - are those double standards ok?
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Remember that it is unlikely that she will actually do 30 years. She'll probably be out in 5 to 10.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                am I the only one who thinks 30 years is appropiate punishment?

If this was a man assaulting teenage girls, 30 years is the least he'd get.
                IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncly.

But it's not, and it's not the same.

Is it wrong, yes...absolutely, but not thirty year wrong.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I think the worst offense here is giving kids meth. Meth is evil.
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

yeah. I think the main issue is Meth Related, not sex shenanigans.
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Dis may be right, but when I think back to me at that age, I'm not that sure I would call it assault - more that my curiositiy would have taken over - boze and drugs, well, I think that would have reduced the chance for anything "succesfull".

OTOH - if some fourty year old man started to mess with my 12 year old niece, I could probably easily do something seriously violent.

30 years ? Well, if force/violence was involved so yes, otherwise no. And then there are the opposite - old man/young girl where I think 30 years may be too little.

Social "education" by current environment is rather effective.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

But it's not, and it's not the same.

sexist.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Realist.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Oooooh, witty. You're still wrong. My gut tells me the same thing - but my gut is often wrong. There is nothing wierd about feeling this way - that's, sadly, the way we all were raised, but actually arguing for this pov is deeply flawed, imo.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron
                              I think the worst offense here is giving kids meth. Meth is evil.

Comment

meth is just a nasty drug. My brother sometimes does it. Actually, when he's making enough money, he's routinely doing it. But then he gets fired. Amazingly, he thinks drugs like marijuana and meth don't affect his job performance. Yes even marijuana affects job performance.

It just boggles the mind why people would want to do drugs. Don't they know how much of their brain they are destroying. Yes I know alcohol kills brain cells as well. But alcohol is not something I drink that often.

Comment

Working...
                                X