Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though USC is losing Leinhart and both RBs, I figure the winning culture there will carry them through the early season and they'll put together another impressive season.

Oklahoma finished strong--I also did put them in my top five. But after the disasterous early season, I couldn't do it in good conscience. Top ten probably, and could very easily end up in the title game next year.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
      Whether Young was down or not, USC didn't say anything. It was largely the announcers saying it was a bad call when frame by frame shots show that he might not have been down yet.
      Why does it matter if USC says anything? It isn't the pros. The replay comes from the booth. And the frame by frame shots show without a DOUBT that he was down before he pitched it.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oklahoma did bad early since they had lost so many in the last draft. I wouldn't call it disasterous, just rebuilding. It wouldn't be surpring to see the only loss for either team (even assuming Vince Young doesn't come back) would be to the other one. And maybe Texas Tech.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• College football polls are stupid. Throw rocks at them.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• when frame by frame shots show that he might not have been down yet
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Yeah, no joke. That was as clear as day--Young was down.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
                If you want to argue that, fine, but it's your team who didn't. .
                My team? I'm as anti-USC as they come!

Argh, I wasn't about to root for USC to get closer to breaking the Sooners winning streak record!

OU finally won a bowl game, the Longhorns finally took a National Title again. Ahhhh, the smell of victory is back in God's country.

Comment

• I'm really not sure why Texas fans are SOOO defensive! They won the game! But any non-glowing statement made about Texas, or a statement supporting something about USC is treated as an uber-insult.

Even those that didn't really root for USC or rooted against them got slammed.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Its Texans, its how they are.

Comment

• I love rabid fans of colleges they (nor their children) never attended

Comment

• Well, my football team was Duke's only win this season. I want to support someone good.
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Now in the news...people returning to Texas got crap from baggage handlers in the form of their luggage going to various places around the country and dirty notes getting put in the bags.

After stealing uniforms and spitting on the band, USC just continues to look unclassy

Comment

Working...
                          X