Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, yeah. I agree with Imran on this Vince Young guy... running QBs are WAY to over rated...
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Btw, if you must know, I think that Young will be a good NFL QB (a McNabb type if all falls into place), but in this game (draftee predictions) nothing is sure. Hell, Young may not be able to adjust to NFL offenses, we don't know. But I think he'll be a good starter.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Do you really think that, say, after the Notre Dame-USC game that anyone from Notre Dame was thinking that USC was the better team? I bet you all of 'em were thinking they were the better team, but USC just made the plays.

It's not about 'taking responsibility' (Leinhart has nothing to be ashamed about after all), it's about how atheletes believe in their own abilities. You want someone who thinks they are the best.

Were you aware that Leinhart and Bush both went to the Texas locker room after the game to congratulate the Longhorns? That's a pretty classy move, even though I know you want to portray them as the University of Miami.
        There are just much better ways to phrase it...or just say other things. I can act like a sore loser when I claim bad calls by umpires to favor STL over Houston in 2004 or Chicago fixing a series in 2005, but I'm not an actual player. When something I'm responsible for doesn't get done here in the army, I'm not going to just pass it off. He's the quarterback and leader. It is good he at least went to their locker room after realizing he made himself look bad though.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
          He's the quarterback and leader. It is good he at least went to their locker room after realizing he made himself look bad though.
          Agreed, the sad thing is that its sort of a final poor image on his career. I'm not saying he's necessarily a bad person, he did win two national championships and go on a 34 game winning streak, so he probably had no concept that he could lose and this was situation he hadn't expected to be in.

Still, its probably the image of him that will stick with me more that any other during his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
            Just saw the last AP polls....

14 Auburn
            15 Wisconsin

Didn't Wisconsin just whoop the piss outta Auburn?

Polls are stupid. Throw rocks at them.
            Florida State moving down in the polls is pretty stupid too. They lost but Penn State is still number 3 (and rightly so) and Virginia Tech who they beat just before being back in the top 10 at number 7.
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Of course the endzone is a special circumstance. There is no need to make a "football move" because you are already in the end zone, which would stop play. I realize the logic here is difficult to grasp, but you'll get it.
              Honestly, Kaak, I don't see why the end zone should be a special circumstance. I've always believed that establishing control of the ball and proving you can maintain that control (via a "football move") are both essential components of demonstrating a completed catch. Why should one of those two components be disregarded in one part of the field versus another?

I hate to bring the pro game into this... but this kind of situation happened in the Giants/Seattle game earlier this season with Jeremy Shockey. It was ruled a touchdown despite Shockey getting CREAMED and dropping the ball before he'd even got both feet down. Thankfully, Seattle didn't lose because of it, but it clearly wasn't a catch anywhere else on the field.

(BTW: I agree that the call you're arguing about with Imran was correct - incomplete pass.)
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse

Florida State moving down in the polls is pretty stupid too. They lost but Penn State is still number 3 (and rightly so) and Virginia Tech who they beat just before being back in the top 10 at number 7.
                EXACTLY!

That's why the computers are included in the BCS.

I'm glad we understand their importance now.

Comment

Homerism is fun, isn't it?

The refs tried all they could to beat Texas. I wonder if anyone who wasn't a homer would say the same thing? I mean the Young lateral was a pretty good break for Texas as was the non-fumble call later in the game on the Texas WR. The refs were all in all very fair and they used replay to correct any mistakes they may have made.
                  Whether Young was down or not, USC didn't say anything. It was largely the announcers saying it was a bad call when frame by frame shots show that he might not have been down yet.

Comment

• Yep, totally on USC, I mean if that had used a time out at this point as opposed to when they used their last one.............

Comment

Listen, I think Young was great (passing for over 3000 yards and running for almost 1000 doesn't happen often), but he wasn't as impressive as Bush, though it is pretty close between the two.
                      Actually Vince Young is the only player in college history to pass for more than 3000 yards and run for more than 1000 yards. It doesn't happen often because Vince Young was the first.

Comment

• In the NFL, Vince Young will receive the same QB Spy treatment that Vick gets these days. Especially if he goes to New Orleans, he'll be in a division that knows very well how to deal with scrambling QBs. NFL defenses, unlike the USC defense, understand the fundamentals of tackling, so only one fast linebacker is necessary to keep an eye on him and bring him down. He'll have to actually pass well to keep his starting job. I think he will.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                          Yep, totally on USC, I mean if that had used a time out at this point as opposed to when they used their last one.............
                          Yes, that makes it bad coaching. If you want to argue that, fine, but it's your team who didn't. The 2 point conversion was definitely a wasted time out in everyones eyes because it was expected since being ahead by just two points is pretty worthless. Maybe they were hoping to rush the kick and run it back for two points and the lead, but that is what they wanted to do and not was Texas was going to give them the opportunity to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                            In the NFL, Vince Young will receive the same QB Spy treatment that Vick gets these days. Especially if he goes to New Orleans, he'll be in a division that knows very well how to deal with scrambling QBs. NFL defenses, unlike the USC defense, understand the fundamentals of tackling, so only one fast linebacker is necessary to keep an eye on him and bring him down. He'll have to actually pass well to keep his starting job. I think he will.
                            Vince Young as shown he could pass...even with a USC lineman on his knees hugging him. That was a funny play.

Comment

• USC turned into Michigan in those last six minutes. It was like watching Michigan-Ohio State all over again. Or Michigan-Wisconsin. Or Michigan-Minnesota. Or Michigan-Nebraska.

2006 Top 5, if Vince comes back:
                              1. Texas
                              2. Ohio State
                              3. LSU
                              4. USC
                              5. West Virginia

If not:
                              1. OSU
                              2. LSU
                              3. Texas
                              4. USC
                              5. WV
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'll agree with Guy, but put Oklahoma in there at 5 and move WV up. Take out USC of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X