Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava

I don't know.

Without actually being in the class and seeing how it is graded, I can't really comment on it.

But if the tests are standardized, shouldn't you just get whatever grade you deserve based upon the amount of answers you get right?

I don't have a problem with classes that have tough standards. I just want the grading systems to be fair. That's all.

I don't like the types of grading curves that penalize students just because their classmates wrote better papers or did better on tests/assignments.

You should be graded based upon the merits of your own work. Period.

Now being in the military, that is different. I would say that the military should encourage more of a competitive environment because the military should weed out people that do not have those kind of personalities.

But regular college is not the military. It is basically a place you go to get a piece of paper that says you know something. You pay the 30k a year, you go to the classes, you write the papers, you get the grade, and that's it. None of this bull****.

Most of this kind of bull**** happens in stupid classes that most people don't need for their major anyways. And most often by dumbass teachers on a power trip. I know the type. I had a guy at DePaul who pissed the ****ing **** out of me. The only B I got in my entire life on a paper, he gave me. And it was probably one of the best papers I have ever written too. The only reason he gave me is because he had this stupid ****ing "curved" grading system where he said he only gives 5 A's no matter how good the paper is.

His comments on the paper were... "GREAT PAPER!!! B"

I asked him why it was a B. He said that it is because he already gave out 5 other A's. He said that if he graded my paper first, he would have given me an A.

What a stupid *******.

I ended up with an A in the class... BUT STILL... WTF

That is a stupid policy.
    Basically it's a 20 point class.

One 5 point essay where you describe in detail one of 50+ vocabularly words. (this is every one or two weeks, so it's a lot to memorize).

One 10 point essay that basically you have to fit in at least 10 important facts. It's pretty detailed and its sometimes very hard to even guess the question.

6 random multiple choice questions from something in the chapter. You get one free as it's only 5 points max.

The points are added up from all the tests and a bell shaped curve is made for grades. Not counted is the people who are considered ones who should fail. Which is a lot.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
    X