Absinthe is great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres it in anglian vulgar:

Becherovka is a herbal bitter liqueur flavored with anise seeds and cinnamon from the Czech Republic, first sold in 1807. It is normally drunk cold, and is often used as an aid to digestion.

The beginnings of Jan Becher — Karlovarská Becherovka, a.s. reach back almost two hundred years to the first decade of the nineteenth century. In 1807, Josef Becher, a pharmacist from Karlovy Vary, started selling bitters made to his own recipe. In 1841, Josef Becher passed on his budding business to his son and heir Johann. Johann started large-scale production, and accordingly his name has been associated with Becherovka to the present day.

Over the next hundred years (until 1945) the management of the company was passed down through the Becher family. After World War II the company was nationalised, and control was transferred to a board of management appointed by the state.
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

state liquor? what a crazy country
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron
        state liquor? what a crazy country
        QFT
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          QFT
          QFT LOL
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

LOL

- Paul Valery

Comment

LOL

Comment

LOL QFT LOL

Edelweiss - the best beer in the world
                Last edited by laurentius; November 10, 2005, 23:07.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I like ottakringer myself

Comment

Ich muss schlafen

Make this thread awesome while I am gone

Comment

I know how to make the letters really big, but mods will not like it and it will likely get the thread killed
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Czech absinthe uses more wormwood.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This thread is just what I needed on this fine morning

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                            Sorry Cyclo I'm touring Europe getting drunk at every possibility for as long as my Diners Club card has credit....My only orders are to get wasted as soon and as long as possible

Ps. do you know any good cheap hostel in Amsterdam?
                            Are you going to Bordeaux?
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Ach nein, places in the Frankish area are a no-go. Or is it the Caliphate these days I dont know..

- Paul Valery

Comment

"Becherovka is a herbal bitter liqueur flavored with anise seeds and cinnamon from the Czech Republic, first sold in 1807. It is normally drunk cold, and is often used as an aid to digestion."

HA! This was invented in England in 1720s and was called 'Geneva', 'Aqua Mirabilis' and some other names...eventually it evolved into straight Gin.

If the base material is malted wheat distilled twice, this is what the English called "Geneva".
                                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                                X