Content management systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercator
    Oh? Where *is* it heading? AJAX? But that doesn't replace server-side scripting, does it?

(I'm not really following things too closely)
    A number of places have started switching to J2EE (servelet, JSP, etc.) but it is really overkill in most of the situations.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      Oh? Where *is* it heading? AJAX? But that doesn't replace server-side scripting, does it?

(I'm not really following things too closely)
      J2EE and ASP.NET.

Both can offer much improved performance and capabilities, compared to PHP.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

hmmm, forgot about this thread... Thanks
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm thinking about moving an open source project web site on Sourceforge over to a content management system. We want to have a very simple system but one that is kept up and is professional grade. The phpBB of CMSes.

Any suggestions?
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Drupal?

Drupal - the leading open-source CMS for ambitious digital experiences that reach your audience across multiple channels. Because we all have different needs, Drupal allows you to create a unique space in a world of cookie-cutter solutions.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Looks like Drupal adds and subtracts actual directories and pages. Unfortunately, the web user doesn't have write access on Sourceforge.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
              X