X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it still has global warming right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

civ4 works good on my radion 9600 XT. I guess it's a hit or miss thing. I am having a few sound issues though. It may be the sound I set in the options eax 3. There are so many sound options to choose from. I should try another.
      That's good to hear, but I'm still going to let my wife give it to me for Christmas.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
        But it still has global warming right?
        Not that I've seen. All nukes do is damage units (not kill them), gives a 20%-25% reduction to a city's pop (the impact is reduced by 75% if you have a bomb shelter in the city), and razes some tile improvements. The AI also automatically hates anyone who uses nukes but most MP games don't have AI in them unless a player has dropped out of the game.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Doesn't this game have a manual or Civilopedia to it? I've seen an awful lot of "seems to", "looks like" and "presumably" from people sharing their experiences so far. Very little discussion on how things actually work. Back in the old CivII days it was half the fun to read the manual inbetween playing, to me at least.

Comment

Sure there's a Civilopedia, but the DVD case I saw in the shops today (for £30!!!) didn't obviously have a proper manual. Well, not like the MGE manual I've got in my lovely shiny boxed version.
            Civ 3 was the same though.. It seems to be the way things are going. Talk to Child of Thor about that.

Comment

Yes, the CivIII manual was truely horrible.

But I guess it'd have been unfair if it distinguished itself too much from the game..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                That's good to hear, but I'm still going to let my wife give it to me for Christmas.
                Cheapskate
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  I stayed up until three last night playing civ4 mp. One of the other guys got nukes first and used them on me. Luckily nukes do very little in Civ4.
                  yeah nukes suck in civ4. We need to beef them up.

Comment

I got the Civ4 Special Edition. It was actually cheaper than the regular edition.

It does have a pretty good manual. Though some stuff is out of date, and they didn't go into detail about some areas of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                      Sure there's a Civilopedia, but the DVD case I saw in the shops today (for £30!!!) didn't obviously have a proper manual. Well, not like the MGE manual I've got in my lovely shiny boxed version.
                      Eh? Mine came in a cardboard sleeve of sorts with the DVD case (which had the tech tree in it) and a honking 220 page manual that was almost as thick as the case.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I just recieved the box, but no time to install and play it now.
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I've had it for weeks and haven't had any time

oh well
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                            Eh? Mine came in a cardboard sleeve of sorts with the DVD case (which had the tech tree in it) and a honking 220 page manual that was almost as thick as the case.
                            So's mine

Got done with the tutorial and started playing a real game or two, although the experience is tarnished by the game crashing often.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I miss you guys too.
                              Seriously get back here, we need you.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I've noticed it too, and I've contributed to it as well.

I've played a lot of WoW lately and so has Verto. Anyone who wants to is welcome to join in the fun.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X