No announcement yet.

Woot!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done a lot of thinking about this and I've decided to go for quality of life over money. I'm helped in this decision in that the smaller enviromental company is a super promising company which has been named one of the 100 best private companies to work for in America by Inc Magazine as well as being twice named as one of the 500 fastest growing private companies in America by Fortune Magazine. The fellow who owns it seems to pay veteran employees very well though they do skimp a little for the new guys. The benifets package is great though. No co-pays for health or dental coverage, 100% 401k matching to 6.5% of gross, my monthly PPO premium would be about $23 with no co-pay for visits or perscriptions. Because their growth is so fast advancement potential seems better (8000% no **** growth in 2004 but only about 3500% in 2005); the company is exploding but all the senior managers and officers have experience in getting companies to grow to $1billion a year companies so they seem to be managing it well. Then there is the fact they give stock options while the oil services company doesn't.

I like the fact that this company offers such good benifets, that I wouldn't have to travel and can go home every night, that they offer stock options (and the company is getting written up in financial magazines for its explosive growth), and the advancement potential.

The drilling industry is very cyclical and after speaking with several vets of the industry they all seemed burned out from 3 out of every 4 weeks spent traveling, never seeing family, always being stationed in ****ty places, etc. I did get my manager at the enviromental company to agree to have me get a review in 3 months (instead of the standard year after hire) so I plan to bust my ass for 3 months and see if I can't make up some of that pay difference.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
    X