How Long Is Your Commute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Is Your Commute?

Started a new job that is about 25 miles one way from me which is half of what I used to drive. It's a great job but unfortionatly in the next couple of years I'll be moving farther north which will put me back at around 70 miles one way. I knew this going into the job but it was a great opportunity. Thankfully I got a great car as far as gas milage goes. I can still remember a time in which I actually worked in the city that I lived in. Seems so long ago now. It seems crazy that I'm happy at a 50 mile round trip commute when I used to work within 5 minutes of my apartment.

How Long is your Commute one way
    0 - 10 Miles
    59.70%
    11- 30 Miles
    29.85%
    31- 50 Miles
    8.96%
    51- 70 Miles
    0.00%
    71- 99 Miles
    0.00%
    100+ Miles
    1.49%
    Last edited by Sprayber; November 1, 2005, 00:59.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

I have two part-time jobs, and I do research for my thesis. Combined, I drive 400+ miles almost every week -- only lately, I have been doing more of secondary source research so I haven't traveled lately for primary source research for my thesis.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Less than a mile.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
        Less than a mile.
        you lazy sloth
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

30 minutes.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            Less than a mile.

I'm jealous
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

depends

one is less then a mile, the other is ~200 miles

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and yes, for the 200 mile one I have driven down, worked, and driven back several times

JM
                (I often now drive down.. work, sleep, work, and drive back)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

30 minutes, including a 20 minutes walk.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

6 miles or so. It's the first time I've ever had to commute by car in my life.

In Montreal my commute to high school was ~15 miles and my commute to university was ~20 miles (both by public transportation) so it was 1.5-2 hours each way. That sucked.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

~10 mins by car, ~40-50 by public transportation.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm doing these numbers from memory as I can't find the paper I wrote this all down on.

1st job, 4 times a week:
                        20-45 minutes ~ 14 miles to work (depends on the shift; can't take the freeway late afternoon due to traffic so I have to take surface streets); 20 minutes ~ 13 miles to home (at night, I can take the freeway = little traffic)

2nd job, 2 times a week:
                        15 minutes ~ 8 miles to work; 15 minutes ~ 8 miles to home

School, 1 time a week:
                        20-30 minutes ~ 12 miles to school; 20-30 minutes ~ 12 miles to home

On average:
                        4 hours 20 minutes ~ 164 miles a week
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

5 minutes. Walking.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ca. 45 minutes.
                            Blah

Comment

45 mins on monday and friday, 60 mins on tuesday and thursday, 30 mins on wednesday (different campus spots).

Just a bit better than average for Potsdam students living in Berlin

S-Bahn mostly.

Comment

Working...
                              X