Soda Thread Part Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

If you consider the second richest US State per capita (Connecticut is #1, IIRC) to be 'backward', but you Iowans are all about the "new math"

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Great Map!

I call it "pop", my Fiance (from Virginia) calls it "Soda"

I think the "Other" might call it "Tonic". I've heard people refer to it as Tonic before.

BTW, has anyone tried this new "Coke Zero?" It's great. I used to be a Diet Coke only man, but I've completely switched to Coke Zero. It tastes much like regular Coke, but no calories.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

carbs?

I like Pepsi Edge, but I can't find it anymore
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
          Here you can buy some here http://www.sundrop.net/cart.php?m=product_list&c=2

I heard recently that it is being stocked in stores in California, but in not sure
          Hewell Hauser had a show on one store here in LA which carries hundreds of brands of soda, incluing Sundrop. However, I came in half way through the show and so didn't hear the name of the store or where it was located.

Comment

[q=Wycoff]has anyone tried this new "Coke Zero?" [/q]

[q=Imran Siddiqui]I'm addicted to Coke Zero... mmmmm.[/q]
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Wait, you call other soft drinks "coke"? Isn't coke just coca cola?

In the UK it's simple - you call it what it's called. Coke is Coke, Pepsi is Pepsi, 7UP is 7UP. You're in a restaurant, you ask for what you want
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

what if you want to know what pops are available?

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                  BTW, has anyone tried this new "Coke Zero?" It's great. I used to be a Diet Coke only man, but I've completely switched to Coke Zero. It tastes much like regular Coke, but no calories.
                  I find ALL colas to be gross, generally.

Mt. Dew:
                  Orange:
                  Root Beer:

Comment

I love diet colas (well, Coke at least. I hate Pepsi). I find drinks like Mt. Dew, Sprite, Orange, etc. too sweet (even the diet varieties).
                    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Dew, Pepsi and Coke are all gross

although of those three, I prefer Coke

I have always liked Root Beer, and Cream Soda

recently have been a fan of Dr Pepper

for a while Sprite was my favorite

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

recently have been a fan of Dr Pepper
                        :vomit:

Comment

/me kills Odin again

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            * Kuciwalker kills Odin again
                            /me kills Kuci again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              what if you want to know what pops are available?

JM
                              Well then you go to your supermarket in the frozen food aisle, because everyone knows that 'pops' is short for 'popsicles'
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Diet Cherry Coke

Cola is only correctly used to refer to non-rootbeer dark sodas, as they contain the extract of the kola nut. It's an effective medicinal, as it calms the stomach. You can buy bottles of it...

Soda and Pop and refer to the carbonation in a drink, which iirc was once derived from NaHCO3 or a related bicarbonate.

Soft drink refers to the lack of alcohol in the drink, although it has been limited in definition o'er the last decades to only include carbonated beverages.

Last but not least. How many of you grew up with "Soda Pop", just to throw wood on the flames? (I did, my mom is from california and my dad from the midwest... I lived in the southwest, myself.)

Looking at the map though, wisconsin-illinois-missouri look like a corridor of soda+pop ... so maybe that's where i get it from
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X