This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Eh... even if the Falcons lose, they'll be 6-4 and Vick showed some great passing today, which the team can build on.
    yeah Vick did have a good passing day

if the Falcons ever hope to contend for a Super Bowl, Vick is going to have to evolve into a better passer... and in recent weeks he's had good passing performances.

I know you like those runs that he gets Imran, but what you have to understand is that if Vick doesn't become a good passer, Atlanta's offense will just be one-dimensional and the Falcons will never have a chance to win a Super Bowl. If Vick can prove he can be a top passer in the NFL like McNabb has become (from coming into the league as a scrambling QB) then Atlanta will have a deadly offense built around a potent rushing attack combined with a mobile QB who can defeat you by throwing the ball.

Atlanta just lost

and I'm looking forward to Dec 18th
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Damn... that's what happens when you have a Punter try the final kick... oh well, the Falcons played well.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• if Vick doesn't become a good passer

I don't doubt that Vick will become a good passer. My beef last week was that he was too hesitant when he got out of the pocket and when he should have run, he tried to look downfield and got pummled.

This game Vick didn't do that. When he should have run, he did. When he looked down the field and a guy was open he passed. When a guy wasn't open in that split second, he ran or threw it away.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• WOW... long TD to Chad Johnson!

Comment

• go Bengals
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Pittsburgh loses to Baltimore in OT.

Another future Bears opponent not looking so tough!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• By the time the Steelers play the Bears, I can guarentee you that Tommy Maddox won't be starting .

Comment

• Hm. 21-10 Indianapolis just peeping into the 2nd quarter.

I thought it had already been established by Green Bay last year that you DO NOT blitz Peyton Manning...

Comment

• Wow... Palmer sure developed into a great QB. That pass to Houchmanzadeh for the first down on that play this drive was great.

TD Cincy... 21-17.

BOTH QB's have perfect QB ratings so far. Both defenses look baaaad.

Comment

• The announcer just said what I was thinking in the Indy-Cincy game, I'm have flashbacks to last nights USC-Fresno State game.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• With the exception of New York and Denver, they just switched coverage away from the Jets game to the Indy/Cincy game... Boy, the Jets have sunk to a new low
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Got back home at 5, just finished watching the 2nd half of Bears-Panthers.

MAN, THAT WAS GREAT!!!! What was that, 8 sacks??? Awesome performance.
                          GO BEARS!!!
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            By the time the Steelers play the Bears, I can guarentee you that Tommy Maddox won't be starting .
                            perhaps the fact that the Steelers could only get 70 rushing yards is the reason they lost...

Maddox threw for a TD and 230 yards...

Roethlesberger is not Peyton Manning

he has a good rating because he is efficient, but he averages less than 200 passing yards per game

the Steelers win with defense and the running game...

Roethlesberger being in that game today would probably have not made that much difference... Baltimore stopped the run, kept the game close and was able to pull out the victory in OT.

That's what the Bears will try to do against the Steelers. Take into account that the Bears defense is better than the Ravens, and the Bears offense is also better than the Ravens and things don't look well for Pittsburgh.

But then again, this is the NFL and anything can happen. I thought for sure the Bears were toast today.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Ah JRabbit, I think pointed out, leadership makes a difference. An offense will usually play better than they are with a leader behind center. Big Ben has shown, in his little time in the NFL, that he is such a leader. Remember, it ended up being a close game... I think Roethlesburger would have accounted for at least one more TD in regular time for the Steelers, winning them the game.

And yes, Baltimore did bottle up the running game, but IIRC, Duce Staley isn't that badly injured and Bettis is getting a bit more healthy by the week (still isn't 100%).

And this is a team that has some problems with Baltimore. They beat them 20-19 earlier this year, a week after beating the Bengals, on the road, 27-13

Comment

• Well, it doesn't matter what you think would have happened with Roethlesburger in there... because he wasn't in there. And they lost. Plus, this works both ways you know. The Bears will have Grossman back by Dec. 11th... so Kyle Orton will not be QB (hopefully).

They have problems with Baltimore because a team like Baltimore is built to counter their strengths. So are the Bears.

And the Bears are stronger than the Ravens.

We'll just have to wait until Dec. 11th.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X