This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    Stuie -- True dat. I guess 4th time's the charm. But I do think management bringing in TO helped convince the team they could dominate.

Tuber -- I admit to a long-standing distaste of America's Team. It started with Landry and boiled over in the Jimmy Johnson era. As for the current incarnation, I doubt they're Super Bowl ready, especially with Flozell down and Bledsoe at QB. But I must admit, the Cowboys have surprised me this year.
    The sad part is, I've hated the Cowboys for about as long as you have. I moved to Texas when they sucked, and they have just kinda grown on me.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I loved the Landry Cowboys, and I like Parcells a lot.

GO COWBOYS!!!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• And btw, check stats on Bledsoe.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Ok, this is just getting to the point of laughable. New England injuries:

On IR:
          * = started at least 1 game, ** = 'regular' starter

Linebacker Ryan Claridge
          *Cornerback Randall Gay
          **Safety Rodney Harrison
          **Center Dan Koppen
          Receiver Michael McGrew
          **Cornerback Tyrone Poole
          *Cornerback Chad Scott
          *Safety Guss Scott
          *Cornerback Duane Starks

This is on top of the walking wounded list (this is last weeks)

*Kevin Faulk RB
          **Matt Light LT
          **Tom Ashworth RT
          Troy Brown WR
          **Corey Dillon RB
          Tim Dwight WR
          **David Givens WR
          **Daniel Graham TE
          *Jarvis Green DE
          Marquise Hill DE
          *Ellis Hobbs CB
          *Patrick Pass FB
          *James Sanders S
          **Richard Seymour DE
          **Ty Warren DE

(I took Tom Brady off the list since he's been there for two years now without missing a game. Also, I expect to see Eugene Wilson S to show up on this weeks report.)

If you're counting, on defense this is:
          - 4 of the 6 corners on the roster at the beginning of the season on IR. A fifth is an injured but playing rookie.
          - 2 of the 4 safeties on the roster at the beginning of the season on IR. A third is already injured and the fourth is likely going to show up as injured this week.
          - The top 4 DE on the roster are all injured, some having missed several games
          - But hey, they got Bruschi back!

And on offense...
          - 3 of the 3 running backs on the roster at the beginning of the season are injured and have missed multiple games...including now, when they are all going to be out for a bit more.
          - Starting LT and C are on IR. Starting RT is injured. Left side of the line is all rookie.
          - WR have been relatively healthy! Brady hasn't been killed by his figurative metaphor of an O-line yet!

Geez...I'm amazed they've even won 5 games...this is just ridiculous.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Sloww -- I'm well aware of Bledsoe's stats. Like I said, they have surprised me. And Bledsoe is basically the reason.

Of course, it might be wishful thinking, but I still think he'll melt down in playoff pressure.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
              Geez...I'm amazed they've even won 5 games...this is just ridiculous.
              Greatness is recognized not in times of prosperity, but in times of adversity.

Now imagine the whoop-ass we would've given to the Colts if everyone was healthy.

Comment

• LOL @ Zopper's use of 1st person plural...
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The TO comment is apt, Imran. McNabb never got past the championship game until he had a stud target (which made the others more effective in single coverage). Vick needs WRs, badly. Finneran, Jenkins, Bears castoff Dez White -- these are his weapons?

Vick's a good enough passer to succeed from the pocket, but not with those idiots.
                  Well Jenkins is in his 2nd year (3rd year is when WRs usually break out... or stagnate) and Roddy White is a rookie. Though Rich McKay has never had a good eye for evaluating recievers.

Finneran is a fine possession reciever. he's be excellent in a Ricky Proel type of position, but because the Falcons have crappy WRs, he's the #1 (IIRC). White has shown flashes, but we'll see if he's the real deal.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sloww -- I'm well aware of Bledsoe's stats. Like I said, they have surprised me. And Bledsoe is basically the reason.

Of course, it might be wishful thinking, but I still think he'll melt down in playoff pressure.
                    remember the first year the Patriots won the superbowl? Brady was injured for a little while, and Bledsoe came off the bench and delivered a clutch drive for a touchdown. He can perform under pressure.

Although you could argue he can perform well as a backup, but not a starter. We shall see...

Comment

• It's hard not to think of the Bledsoe who stunk up Buffalo for several years before they gave up on him in favor of the immortal JP Losman...

Comment

• Big game for da BEARS this weekend. Can the Bear's defense do the job? Can the offense even score a few points? If the Bears win, they prove they can beat a real team... If they lose, they better pray they can win their remaining NFC North games...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes, it's the ultimate showdown: the Carolina Panthers versus Sava's Shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                            Big game for da BEARS this weekend. Can the Bear's defense do the job? Can the offense even score a few points? If the Bears win, they prove they can beat a real team... If they lose, they better pray they can win their remaining NFC North games...
                            my boss is from chicago. He's a big bears fan (and white sox). He thinks they actually have a chance to win this game. I had to laught at him. . The only way I see them winning is by scoring 2 or 3 touchdowns on defense. I can't see them scoring more than 7 points on offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni
                              Yes, it's the ultimate showdown: the Carolina Panthers versus Sava's Shirt.
                              Just please tell me he washed it this time ... I think I could smell it from here last week, and I live like 20 miles away from him ...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis

my boss is from chicago. He's a big bears fan (and white sox). He thinks they actually have a chance to win this game. I had to laught at him. . The only way I see them winning is by scoring 2 or 3 touchdowns on defense. I can't see them scoring more than 7 points on offense.
                                It depends on Thomas Jones ... he's had what, almost 120 yds/game playing on an otherwise offense.

Defense doesn't necessarily need to score points to win, but they need to force a few TOs and keep the Panthers to <= 10 points I think. Don't forget, the Bears do very well against teams with poor offenses, because their defense is just insane ... and can force plenty of turnovers. If we can force the Panthers to throw more (and thus turn the ball over more) and can behave ourselves and just run-run-run ... we may win.

That said... I'm not counting on it. (I'm counting on Sava's hopefully clean shirt instead )
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X