Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know anything about a repressed libido?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johncmcleod
    I want to reiterate Dis' question: how do you control who you are attracted to?
    You don't have control.

Originally posted by johncmcleod
    It sounds like both of us get attracted to women way out of our league and can't help it, and not being able to get what you want hurts.
    Physical attraction != "what you want."

They are not the same thing.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sphinx871

Join the ***king club Captain Obvious! I thought I was gonna be starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox; life sucks, get a ***king helmet.
      Ouch! *****slapped by the DL!

Comment

• "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Why kill the libido?

Libido can be the very first roots of all things we find beautiful and good. Libido color the worlds of our perception with with some magic and poetry if we know how to deal with. Dont you ever see that's Libido and Arts creation have the same roots?

Libido can take all color; sexual desire, power desire, and in the other way of a spectrum, libido can be poetry, love of beauty.

.... supress the libido, and you supress a great part of the divine and the beast that make a man, a man.
          bleh

Comment

• cronos_qc
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cronos_qc
              Why kill the libido?

Libido can be the very first roots of all things we find beautiful and good. Libido color the worlds of our perception with with some magic and poetry if we know how to deal with. Dont you ever see that's Libido and Arts creation have the same roots?

Libido can take all color; sexual desire, power desire, and in the other way of a spectrum, libido can be poetry, love of beauty.

.... supress the libido, and you supress a great part of the divine and the beast that make a man, a man.
              That was the point I was trying to make a earlier.
              Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sphinx871

Join the ***king club Captain Obvious! I thought I was gonna be starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox; life sucks, get a ***king helmet.
                . I like funny DL's.

Comment

• Physical attraction != "what you want."
                  I didn't mean it like that.

What good does art do for the world? Nothing. It is simply another way to distract ourselves from reality.
                  "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

• I think I'm seeing John's problem (no offense)

Or at least, the results of some underlying problem
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I didn't mean it like that.

What good does art do for the world? Nothing. It is simply another way to distract ourselves from reality.
                      Erm, what the hell is the POINT of life except to have fun? I mean, I suppose you could devote your life to helping other people have fun, but fun is still the ultimate goal here.

Comment

• John: It's a fairly cynical point of view, but you gotta think of life this way: Each passing second is a second closer to death. That second is yours to manipulate in the way you wish. You'll never get it back.

Time NEVER stops, it's always marching on. You've got to do everything you can to enjoy it while you still can.

Reality is what you make it. If you want your life to be full of paranoia over yourself, so be it. But you'll never have a go over if, in 20 years time, you look back and think "why didn't I something more enjoyable".

The phrase "Life each moment like it's your last" isn't a cliche. It's the fricking truth. Each moment IS you last, because you'll never get it back.

I'm sorry to have to put it so blunt, but each moment passed is a moment closer to death and the end of you, and the moments you have to feel happy and fulfilled get ever shorter.

Comment

• And don't let someone define your fun for you.

Do what makes you happy.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What good does art do for the world? Nothing.
                            Hey, somebody else may like it and pay you lots of $$$ for it.

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                            It is simply another way to distract ourselves from reality.
                            I found your thinking... bizzare.

The reality is we are all going to die, but it doesn't mean that we may as well kill ourshelves now to save trouble.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Fun?

I remember the two last chapter of The Republic by Platon.

Fun is not happiness. Fun are a point on a cycle, between; joy and sadness. Fun is just the moment where your excitement come at the top. But after you'll going down to sadness or even worse.... bored, annoyed.

Hapiness is more like smelling a flower. Even if the flower go away your not going to be sad, you're not controled by your desire to smell again the flower. But smelling the flower, at the very second you smell the flower, you have find a little pleasure without any kind of emptyness.

Without being too kildish, I think Love is the greatest goal of our life. Finding what is love, what is it really, in any area of our life, we have making a move towards something better... When we love, in the darkness of our soul, the potential of force that was asleep is become awaken.

I think for any man and woman; at the end of his life, at the last day of his life, if he is conscious, his last tought will be to the one he have loved or for what he have loved the must. But Hey, I dont know... I'm not at the point to die.... soon

.... 1:57am and I have class tomorrow.....

See ya,

have fun!!
                              bleh

Comment

• Originally posted by cronos_qc
                                Fun?

I remember the two last chapter of The Republic by Platon.

Fun is not happiness. Fun are a point on a cycle, between; joy and sadness. Fun is just the moment where your excitement come at the top. But after you'll going down to sadness or even worse.... bored, annoyed.

Hapiness is more like smelling a flower. Even if the flower go away your not going to be sad, you're not controled by your desire to smell again the flower. But smelling the flower, at the very second you smell the flower, you have find a little pleasure without any kind of emptyness.

Without being too kildish, I think Love is the greatest goal of our life. Finding what is love, what is it really, in any area of our life, we have making a move towards something better... When we love, in the darkness of our soul, the potential of force that was asleep is become awaken.

I think for any man and woman; at the end of his life, at the last day of his life, if he is conscious, his last tought will be to the one he have loved or for what he have loved the must. But Hey, I dont know... I'm not at the point to die.... soon

.... 1:57am and I have class tomorrow.....

See ya,

have fun!!
                                I shouldn't be saying this, but that is one of Plato's worst ideas.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X