No announcement yet.

Nazi Raccoons Wipe Out Wine Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just learned that Starlings were brought to North America (along with about 130 other species) by some wealthy colonist who decided to ship over samples of every last real animal ever mentioned in the works of William Shakespeare.

...because if you can't bring the living Shakespeare, that's the next best thing.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      the worst part of introduced species is the loss of native species - like ground laying birds
      I doubt there are very many ground nesting bird in Europe which haven't already adopted to predation by badgers, weasels, ferrets, and a bunch of other critters.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        do the raccoons wear little nazi armbands?
        That would be cute! Ok, I've changed my mind. Any German raccoon with a Nazi armband gets to live.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I doubt there are very many ground nesting bird in Europe which haven't already adopted to predation by badgers, weasels, ferrets, and a bunch of other critters.
          yes and no, the native species are adapted to the natural predators but not introduced ones which often have different abilities and tactics.

In Australia we have huge problems with rats and cats and foxes and dogs for this reason. There are natural equivalents of these predators but they didn't cause extinctions the way the introduced species have.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I have never seen a racoon in Poland nor have I heard about one, though Brandenburg region is near, and a big part of Poland used to be part of Germany before ww2 and they were supposed to be spread up to Ural. I think these news are false.
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Racoons are related to dogs, bears, and weasels, actually.
              cause theyre MAMMALS.

You want to hear about Mammals?

some stuff you NEED to learn about mammals.

Enjoy
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
              X