Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazi Raccoons Wipe Out Wine Harvest

Germans battle 'Nazi' racoons

Germany is stepping up its battle against 'Nazi' racoons after they ruined much of this year's wine harvest.

The racoons were released into the German countryside in 1934 under the orders of Hermann Goering.

Goering thought they would "enrich" the local wildlife - but they have spread throughout Central Europe, from the Low Countries to the Urals, according to conservationists.

watch out
    CSPA

MrFun is somehow responsible for this
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Will MrFun think this is funny?

Comment

JINX!
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It seems like Goering's furry minions have achieved what he himself attempted but failed (reach the Urals, not ruin the wine harvest).

This is like his revenge from beyond the grave. Not that he has a grave but still.
          CSPA

Comment

I'm not sure why raccoons are so bad for wine harvests. We've got tons of he furry little critters here in California but the wine harvest seems fine.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

oh I fogrot this
              Attached Files
              CSPA

Comment

When I was 15 we found a litter of raccoons in my best friends backyard. We wanted to keep them as pets but the *****y fat lady who lived next door called animal control to have them taken away.

They were cute and friendly and seemed very well socialized towards people especially after we feed them some chopped up hot dogs.

Comment

raccoons are rodents

they have rabies and stuff

they get into and eat garbage

when I see one on the road, I try to run it over

the only good raccoon is a dead raccoon
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Take him to a vet to get a rabies shot, get him fixed so he doesn't spray (dogs & cats do the same if they're not fixed), feed him dog food just like you would for your dog. If you socialize the raccoon while young then they'll likely be fine with people but I wouldn't try to take an adult wild raccoon and try to make it into a pet. Get it young, train it to use a litter box, and play with him daily so he knows you're his friend and you should do alright. I wouldn't keep a baby near a raccoon but I wouldn't keep most dogs near a baby either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      raccoons are rodents

But they're so cute.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Take him to a vet to get a rabies shot, get him fixed so he doesn't spray (dogs & cats do the same if they're not fixed), feed him dog food just like you would for your dog. If you socialize the raccoon while young then they'll likely be fine with people but I wouldn't try to take an adult wild raccoon and try to make it into a pet. Get it young, train it to use a litter box, and play with him daily so he knows you're his friend and you should do alright. I wouldn't keep a baby near a raccoon but I wouldn't keep most dogs near a baby either.
                        they are not pets...

they are wild animals...

cats and dogs have been domesticated and living with people for thousands of years... being around humans is part of their instincts!

and how the hell would one get a baby raccoon anyways?

bad idea
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          raccoons are rodents

Racoons are related to dogs, bears, and weasels, actually.

raccons:

racoons in a part of the world where they don't belong:

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Racoons are related to dogs, bears, and weasels, actually.
                            so?

all life on earth is related... from fish to mice to humans to tyranasaurus rex... we were once just single celled organisms...

and one of my favorite lines from House (the show on FOX):

"if her DNA was off by 1%, she'd be a dolphin!"

so I reiterate my earlier point...

RACCOONS

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Rather have raccoons than dragoons...
                              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                              X