NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toby Rowe
    I did wonder why I had replies from the NHL Fanstasy League in my inbox, as a Brit, now I know- don't post after the pub- I don't know how they got sent to this topic rarther than the one I actually posted them to- odd.

I happily accept the award.

Toby
    Posting after pub.

No worries, we're happy to be invaded from time to time. Life gets a bit boring with only hockey to talk aboot.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
      Christ, nye, you are a ****ing machine. I held you off all week, and now you've got me 5-2. Maybe I can cling to one or two categories and at least hand you your first loss of the year. Twenty-six freakin' assits!
      Turns out you have 33 points after last night, I only have 35. Your p/m rocketed up and you're leading in ppp's by three. Good night for both of us though, as the Dominator came through for me.

A lot at risk tonight. I have to play the Ott goalie tandem to get the three games. If I get blown out two of the goalie stats could flip back your way. Also, I have three Phoenix players skating (looking for those goals and ppp) so my p/m could get trashed and that could flip to you too.

This is a much better week. Last game day and 5 stats are on the line.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• notyoueither,

I hope I'm fully exonerated!

You guys in North America should watch Rugby as well, it's just as violent.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

Turns out you have 33 points after last night, I only have 35. Your p/m rocketed up and you're leading in ppp's by three. Good night for both of us though, as the Dominator came through for me.

A lot at risk tonight. I have to play the Ott goalie tandem to get the three games. If I get blown out two of the goalie stats could flip back your way. Also, I have three Phoenix players skating (looking for those goals and ppp) so my p/m could get trashed and that could flip to you too.

This is a much better week. Last game day and 5 stats are on the line.
          My goals should be safe - I can't see you picking up 8 tonight - but you're only three back on PPP. Unless Ottawa gets blown out, which I highly doubt, and your Phoenix players take a +/- bath, there's a good chance you'll take it 6-1. Oh well, as I said from the outset, maybe I'll put a dent in your armor - first team to actually win a category off you!
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
            Dude, if you're a Calgary fan, you got to be worrying. Where's the offense? Iginla is doing nothing and he's the only offense you have.
            The best thing about Toronto fans is their otherworldlyness.

Your team just lost 8-0, and you make a post about how Calgary fans should be worrying, and even make a post about how Iginla is doing nothing (apparently unaware that he's got a goal of game for 3 games in a row now).
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Odd that Ottawa would go with Hasek on back-to-back nights. Come on Philly!
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

• If Knuble can get me some power play points, I'll be very happy.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                  Odd that Ottawa would go with Hasek on back-to-back nights. Come on Philly!
                  I am conflicted. Philly's second goal gave me a ppp.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Knuble's got 2 goals, one of them on the powerplay.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Damn. This is gonna be very, very close in the goalie stats.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• You still took it, but it was pretty close. Finished ahead of me in every goalie stat - 2.69 v 2.77 GAA, .907 v .903 save percentage, and 1 v 0 shutouts. At least I manged to hold on to two offensive stats, although you made PPP interesting as well.

Comment

• Yep, the first two losses. Good game/match/week, whatever.

:beer:
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• It looks like I ended the week 5-1-1.

Comment

• I'm 3-3-1.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• ...but I found a kickass avatar, so it's all okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X