NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher
    The only thing that Ben has on me is +/-...I hate +/-.
    yeah, +/- has been screwing with me...

I am -1 on the season, despite having a pretty decent team (IMO)

Samsonov, Leetch, and Gomez are all weighing me down so far this season...

Leetch and Gomez each with -4, Samsonov with -5...

and Sergei is tied with Heatley for the lead on my team in points with 10 so far this season! 4 goals, 6 assists... but 8 of those are PPP's... so he is not getting it done on even strength, which explains the poor +/-
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
      Ye gods that was an ugly finish for Edmonton.
      Not just an ugly finish, but an ugly season so far.

The GM and coach have to be on the hook.

They left us with 'this will be Conklin's year' and then gave him the hook after a couple of games (that the Oilers won). Now he is on the farm, and the team is playing **** no matter who they stick in there.

Peca was the 'major' forward picked up... he has one goal so far.

They shredded the last bits of confidence a very good goalie could have had (I hope not, for Conklin's sake).

The owners have got to start asking some hard questions.

The best result would be trading Conklin to a team that has patience and will give him a chance, and trade the coach and GM for a roll of tape.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• An angry coach Craig MacTavish blamed "blatant stupidity" and a "junior hockey mentality" for his Edmonton Oilers blowing a 3-2 lead late in the third period and losing 5-3 to the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night.

A disgusted MacTavish threw a water bottle behind the bench after the Oilers gave up three goals in six minutes 15 seconds to extend their winless streak to seven games.

"We've got a 3-2 lead with six minutes to go and we lose 5-3 by the same stupid mistakes we have been making time and time again," said a seething MacTavish.

"It's a junior league player mentality. The problem I have right now is it's rampant through the team."
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• MacTavish is the man
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            MacTavish is the man
            ... who is getting the 'junior hockey' results from the players the GM gave him.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Nah, some of the players have some real potential. They're just being inconsistent and stupid.

I blame the city, it's a terrible environment if you value intelligence.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• For someone who is from a city so often on the end of loosing, you have some real balls, Asher.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

• Enjoy them til they get cut off and stuffed down your throat.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• We beat Edmonton any way you look at it.

Population, income, hockey, temperature, etc.

It's a fact of life that Edmonton plays second fiddle to Calgary.

Comment

• Oh damn. I forgot the cardinal rule. Do not get into a discussion with the forum idiot.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Is it cutting too close to home?

Comment

• No, it is simply getting to be a farce with you having a total lack of even a single scintilla of class in your entire being, and having the bald faced idiocy to maintain that Calgary has ever amounted to more than a pile of **** in professional sports.

Ahem, and have a good evening.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• The choking is clearing starting in Edmonton.

Comment

• @ you guys
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• No. The falling on swords has started up here. We will leave chokes to Calgary, while we cry in our beer.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X