No announcement yet.

WwillmaaAAAA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do they know it will turn 90 degrees NE after smashing Cancun? At it's current direction of travel, would't it rather use the Gulf to regain power and then hit Texas or Lousiana?
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa Since they have already a hard time making a 7 day prediction, I doubt they really know what's going on.
      I read the same argument in the paper today and I think in a way it's BS (I don't nec. disagree with the conclusion, just the argument).

I don't know if you'll die tomorrow, of how many people will in your town next week.
      Statisticians can tell you with a very low relative error how many will die in the US over the next year.

Similarly, the mean error on the average temperature for next year is probably under 2 degrees, while the same figure for the temperature on a day a month from now is probably closer to 15 degrees.

My point being, yes global climate changes are complicated things that involve lots of things, but local difficulties in predicting weather in the medium term have nothing to do.
      Just like knowing who will die withing a year has nothing to do with demographics...

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        Why?

It's barely going to brush the Yucatan.

I'd think that Florida was going to get it worse.

Oh, don't worry, I think it's going to chomp Cancun and the rest of the yucatan, and then regain enough strength in the gulf for a 2nd round in florida.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          Biy, aren't we all glad it's not going to hit New Orleans?
          I wish it were. At least that city is already ruined.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
            How do they know it will turn 90 degrees NE after smashing Cancun? At it's current direction of travel, would't it rather use the Gulf to regain power and then hit Texas or Lousiana?
            There's a trough coming down over the Gulf that is pulling the storm NW at the moment. In a few days, that trough is expected to be filled by high level Jet Stream winds, which will push the storm to the East. Depending on how much time Wilma spends over the Yucatan, however, all bets dould be off.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

There's a trough coming down over the Gulf that is pulling the storm NW at the moment. In a few days, that trough is expected to be filled by high level Jet Stream winds, which will push the storm to the East. Depending on how much time Wilma spends over the Yucatan, however, all bets dould be off.
              yeah..im monitoring as well for the longer it stays to the south moving n or nw or nnw the greater our chances are of it reforming stronger over the gulfstream along the eastern seaboard

but..time will tell

Gramps
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Extended projections show Wilma coming back on shore between Cape Cod and Maine. Just what that area needs, more rain.

Comment

We are a foot over normal rainfall.

Comment

Oh, we won't be evacuating. The hurricane didn't give us enough notice for me to stop my student loan from being automatically deducted from my bank account, which was the money we needed to get the car. Fortunately, the storm looks like it's gonna fall apart.

Comment

Lemme see - snakes, both alien and domestic, alligators (no crokodiles yet, but probably soon), mosqutioes or their like, squirrels, four hurricanes a year, police that scares people, pensionists, sharks, drug wars (yeah, I'v seen it all revealed in miami vice) - pleas tell me why you stay ????? It can't be the babes on the beach - at least not for you unless you want trouble
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

He likes the hanging chads.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                          He likes the hanging chads.
                          I say there are no hanging chads in the state
                          Attached Files
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                            Does your wife know that other women have been having thier way with you?
                            I didn't know you care.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

For a storm that has been near the shore for several hours, it's eye is still way too intact... oh, and weather.com says the storm will crawl up the coast line of the yucatan. That area will be wrecked.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                                Lemme see - snakes, both alien and domestic, alligators (no crokodiles yet, but probably soon)
                                We have crocs. The American crocodile is native to the Everglades. It is, however, a shy creature, and there has never been a reported unprovoked attack on a human. Their population is rebounding, and they've been catching some of them in suburban areas now.

Comment

Working...
                                X