Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the last "help me buy a new computer" thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one for you!

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh, and I went with the Dell.

Not only that, I called up and talked to a sales guy, and he was able to knock off $100 from the price. So I paid under $1700, including shipping (which they say is free, but they still charge $24 "handling" fee.).
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Meh, dissapointing...I was at least expecting a "matras" story here.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          I have to say I'm still leaning towards the Dell. I bought my current Dell 4 years ago and have had nary a problem with it. The peace of mind that brings over an unknown vendor is big. Anyone know if their quality has declined in the past few years?
          I was going to do some checking, but I stopped right there.

Never argue with a consumer's comfort zone.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oh, and I went with the Dell.
            A fool parted with his money
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've been banned for calling people less than a "fool", UR.

Consider yourself warned.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

hey
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I don't think Odin lives on campus, he lives at home and commutes to school. That would make it rather silly to carry his desktop back and forth, wouldn't it?
                  eh?

oh okay...

that information I am not privy to

I assumed he lives in a dorm or something
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As NYE said, the consumer comfort zone is hugely important. I have no idea how much I can trust what is sold at local stores. But with Dell, I have a track record of getting a great product that has served me well. That's worth some extra $$.

Besides, I called a local shop and got a rough estimate. It wasn't that much cheaper on the whole (esp. since getting a 19" LCD monitor with them costs a lot more).
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

As NYE said, the consumer comfort zone is hugely important. I have no idea how much I can trust what is sold at local stores. But with Dell, I have a track record of getting a great product that has served me well. That's worth some extra $$.
                      Well, all the parts should come with at least a one year warranty, so you should be covered quite well.

Besides, I called a local shop and got a rough estimate. It wasn't that much cheaper on the whole (esp. since getting a 19" LCD monitor with them costs a lot more).
                      19" LCD monitors are usually quite expensive. In fact, I much rather pay good money for a top one (not Sony) such as Samsung or Philips. At least get something such as ViewSonic.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

At least get something such as ViewSonic.
                        I my 20.1 inch ViewSonic VP201b LCD
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

19" LCD monitors are usually quite expensive. In fact, I much rather pay good money for a top one (not Sony) such as Samsung or Philips. At least get something such as ViewSonic.
                          Dell LCDs are very highly rated.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                          X