Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIA worked in tandem with Pakistan to create Taliban.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

What's funnier is you looking at the people around you and thinking this is the way people must always have been, even though history, sociology, anthorpology, archaeology all say differently.
    How is mutually consenting trade driven by significantly different factors now vs, let's say, Sumer or ancient Greece? Or Uggh and Oggh, who now BOTH can have a varied, balanced diet of nuts and fish, as opposed to having just nots or just fish?

All right, maybe not THAT balanced a diet, but you get my point

There, this thread made me hungry...
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

And frankly, I don't think it matters a whit of difference if you are killed because some Communist thug shoots you in the head or because some capitalist steals your land and you starve to death. The end result is the same. You died because of someone else.
      Why don't we just say bad people=capitalists and be done with this?

Then I guess the U.S. was never capitalist, since African-Americans were excluded from the market by law until the 1960s, and since then, no one can seriously claim the U.S. has had a free market. In other words, your claim that a free market is what defines capitalism is just pure BS. There has never been a free market in capitalism.
      Well, to be frank, US has never been capitalist in my purist sense
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Please show a post of mine that does what you claim?
        Right here:

Capitalism killed far more. If the Commies killed 100 million in a century, and that makes us bad, what does it say about your side when you kill over a hundred million a decade?
        You've associated yourself with it, and you're defending communists by trying to say, "hey, at least we're not capitalists," implicitly saying that the murder of 100 million people isn't quite so bad. Also, you're proudly showing that you like communism by declaring you're a member of the Communist Party of Apolyton.

You've decided I'm a capitalist, I suppose because I said communism sucks. I'm not quite a capitalist and I don't quite approve of everything that capitalist nations do. But communism isn't simply an economic model, it's a social model. A social model which requires murder, if the examples of the USSR, China, Vietnam, Cuba, and North Korea show us anything.
        I no longer use this account.

Comment

Simple trade is: Ugg the woodcutter needs food, so he trades the wood he has cut to the fisherman who needs fire. The trade they make is not on the basis of fisherman or woodcutter getting rich off the deal. If either feels he's being cheated, there's no deal, and since they know how hard the other works to get his product, they make a trade of equals. No new wealth is generated.

Now, you tried to do a bait-and-switch, by switching simple trade for more complex trade, i.e. I take a boat of Sumerian leather to Egypt, where leather is scarce. Because of that scarcity, I can hold out for a trade that is much better for me than it is for those who buy it. I get so much Egyptian cotton, then turn around and head back to Ur, where cotton is scarce. I can do the same thing there. In this case, I am not generating new wealth, either, but I am extracting wealth from both societies because of scarcity.

Today, workers produce goods for a boss, but they don't get the full value of the value they have created, only what they need to survive (relatively depending on the level of development in their society--what an American needs to "survive" is not the same as what a Mexican needs to "survive"). The owner gets his wealth not from moving goods from one place to another, but from having people work directly for him and then selling those goods.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This is where I disagree - the merchant would create wealth in both egypt, ur, and his pocket.

As does a business, and its employee. If there would not be a business, there would not be employees, and vice versa.

Comment

I want some fish and nuts

Comment

Originally posted by vomitus
                You've associated yourself with it,

That's because you previously lumped me in with them with your comments about the CPA. I just took it and ran with it.

and you're defending communists by trying to say, "hey, at least we're not capitalists," implicitly saying that the murder of 100 million people isn't quite so bad.

No, I what I was doing was assuming that you were promoting capitalism by saying how there's no blood on their hands.

Also, you're proudly showing that you like communism by declaring you're a member of the Communist Party of Apolyton.

I'm not just a member, I'm the founder. But what I consider communism and what the real Communist Parties consider communism are very different. Except for the Russians, you won't find anyone in my party who defends the bloodshed.

You've decided I'm a capitalist, I suppose because I said communism sucks.

No, I assumed you supported capitalism. I don't make any assumptions about people being actual capitalists because actual capitalists make up such a small portion of society. There are only a handful on these boards, even though you have plenty of people defending the system.

But communism isn't simply an economic model, it's a social model. A social model which requires murder, if the examples of the USSR, China, Vietnam, Cuba, and North Korea show us anything.

Murder isn't required for communism. It's required for Stalinism, which is just one form of communism, albeit the domminent form in history. My version of communism has been fighting the Stalinists since 1923. Anyway, you should check out the origins of capitalism if you want to see a system that requires murder.

Oh, and Cuba didn't commit murder (onless you oppse the death penalty). It committed justice. The people it executed were murderers and torturers from Batista's army. I'm as sympathetic to them as I am the "victims" of the Nuremburg trials.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Threads like this really make me admire the tenacity of the human species, if nothing else.

Gatekeeper
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                    I want some fish and nuts
                    Okay, try this.

Take a couple of filets of fish. drizzle a little olive oil over them. Cover with salsa and then cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350° F. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds (or almond slivers)

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      Okay, try this.

Take a couple of filets of fish. drizzle a little olive oil over them. Cover with salsa and then cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350° F. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds (or almond slivers)
                      Thanks, but no time for this. Have to proofread a 160 page offering circular .

Comment

• It's one of my favorite recipes.

Comment

• But what I consider communism and what the real Communist Parties consider communism are very different.
                          But then we have a problem. If you espouse communism and they're not communists, then what is a communist? They all called themselves communists. Their actions were the same as each other. I watched some communists having some rally on C-Span a few years ago. The speaker was explicitly stating he wanted to take people and put them in front of a firing squad. I believe the people he was referring to were the bourgeoisie or US politicians. So he was keeping in line with the so-called Stalinists, yet he called himself a communist.

I haven't read much about communist Cuba. I was going by what a Cuban immigrant told me. He considers Castro worse than Hitler because "Hitler destroyed another people. Castro destroyed his own people." I suppose Castro is guilty of the slow insidious deaths that you attribute to capitalists. Also, a dramatic reduction in productivity which communism inevitably brings is never good for the crops and food supply.
                          I no longer use this account.

Comment

• Re: CIA worked in tandem with Pakistan to create Taliban.

Originally posted by Serb
                            Big mistake.

Discuss.

Nothing to discuss. US has always been the supressor of democracy and the ally of dictatorship.

Comment

• Get with the times, we're talking about fish now.

Comment

• I only read Serb's 1st post

Comment

Working...
                                X