Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iraq says Zarqawi sending some militants back home to commit terrorist acts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake - I think I now see where you are talking at cross-purposes with Oerdin. Recruitment versus training. RECRUITMENT, which you and I are discussing, supplies the final suicide delivery system, as it were. Oerdin's point, that there are lots of people with the info to either set up the system themselves, or to show the newly recruited American operatives how to do it, is also valid. Now the individuals to do the practical training probably number in the hundreds. Together - we will see terrorist bombings in the US of A in the next decade, and I would not be surprised in the next five years.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I don't think it was avoidable to have a bombing in the next decade regardless.

I am sorry, but I see this as a much greater threat to civilians in the Arab world than the Western world.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Patoklos - you are absolutely correct on quantities. The number of civilian Muslims who will die from bombs will exceed the total number of non-Muslims, and I am including Israel and 9/11. In fact, it already may have all things considered, considered the absolute bloodbath in Iraq.

That is also why I stand by prediction that Iraq will devolve, no matter what we do, into a Civil War. It may be "low key" like the Irish troubles, or it may be much higher impact like the Balkans. But there are so many Shia who have lost family and loved ones that not only have the militias started counter atrocities, it is only going to get worse. Sadly.

Reference the US being a target in the next decade - that didn't have to be, at least as a primary target. Oerdin has already pretty comprehensively listed all of the various reasons. Uniting all those fanatics in hate of the US means that they will make more attempts against our country, and that inevitably some will be successful. We will pay a price for simplistic, black and white leadership (his daddy, the ex-CIA chief as well as ex-President, WROTE about why toppling Saddam was a bad idea - think about it) via an ignorant and croneyist state governor who become President . Won't be the first time, and it won't be the last.
        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          The root causes of terrorism . . .

. . . is percieved injustice and a perceived inability right the wrongs any other way. It is the last resort of those who feel powerless. The injustice may be real or false. The powerlessness may be real or false. It's a state of mind, and not necessarily actual material conditions that lead to terrorism. Now, particular cultures may be more suseptable to these perceptions than others, and certain governments definately make it harder to change things.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Che - intolerance and fanaticism can also be the cause. Most of the 9/11 bombers were middle class, and lived in democratic countries. Killing thousands of Americans, most of them innocent, to protest the actions of the House of Saud is fanatic to say the least.

Comment

So, Iraq is now the place to go if you want to get a phd on terrorism?
              I need a foot massage

Comment

I think it's still SA.. I think in Iraq you might learn some urban under dog street fighting etc..
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Naw, Saudi Arabia is where the ideology of Islamic Fundimentalism comes from and where it infects the world but learning how to be a terrorist? That's a hands on skill.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think in Iraq you might learn some urban under dog street fighting etc..
                    Must be an abismal graduation rate, and not because of dropouts.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The kill or capture rate isn't very good. Most of them just plant an IED and remote detinate it as convoys go by.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:28.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:24.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You hate freedom, Ted Striker.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:25.

Comment

Yes -- bend over for the Republicans. To hell with thinking for oneself. WE NEED TO FIGHT FOR FREEDOM.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X