No announcement yet.

Chess players don't have enough passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intelligence and passion are not mututally exclusive. Are you saying that there can be no passion in an intellectual pursuit? That nothing that involves the brain can be passionate? That a person that dedicates their life towards science, to curing cancer, or fighting aids, or sending men to the moon, none of that can be passionate - because it involves the brain?

Edit: The above is a perfect example of an individual biting a troll's bait.
    Last edited by Lorizael; October 4, 2005, 13:54.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

NO they aren't exclusive. Chess players are most likely intelligent, but most likely lack all kinds of passion. Period.

But passionate people are often intelligent.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka should join The Onion.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Pekka: And upon what evidence do you base this insightful conclusion of yours?
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Upon facts. How do you like that? Right in your face. Intelligent AND passionate response. There's nothing you can do. You already look weak.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I think you may have a different definition of fact over there in Finland, Pekka.

Comment

The fact is your arguments are beaten. I think you have different definition of reality over there in laalaaland!
                In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                  I think you may have a different definition of fact over there in Finland, Pekka.
                  QFT
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

You can't win, Pekka. I've had weeks long arguments with Fez, where every other post from him was "GET THE HELICOPTERS!" My ability to continue arguing, even in the face of a total lack of reason and logic and intelligence, is why JohnT calls me a prince (my sig). You cannot defeat me with your ignorant ways.

Comment

Yeah and we all know prince is the biatch of the king. And who is the king? Me of course.

You can't win an argument just because you say so. But I can. Thus I win.

Plus look at your side? Chess players are badass!!! I mean..
                      In da butt.

Comment

So then you admit that you are ignorant and that you have no reason, logic, or intelligence?

Comment

No. But you draw weird conclutions.. But I admit you're my prince. The gay one!
                          In da butt.

Comment

I am your gay prince. Gotcha. I'm probably not, what with me not being gay. But I do like men. So. um. You know, I don't think I really have anything else to say about that. Anyways.

I am passionately arguing with you about the fact that chess players have passion.

I play chess.

Therefore, chess players can have passion.

QED.

Comment

What are you.. a person who does not understand very well? I SAID, that not ALL chess players are without passion. Just most. Hey maybe you're an exception. I'm not saying YOU don't have passion. If you have, then you are a huge exception, and just like chess players with passion are rare, so are gay princes.
                              In da butt.

Comment

hmm

The reason I don't slug out my chess opponent is the same reason I don't try to hump the leg of the table the board is on-- Both are not the right outlets for that passion

So pekka-- a chessplayer would wipe you off the board, pummel you into the ice at the hockey rink and then make love to your girlfriend all with very great passion-- just expressed in different ways
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X