No announcement yet.

Chess players don't have enough passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I guess your definition of passion is to sacrifice a soldier so the king can breath more easily.

WRONG!

It's BASH! It's *SMASH* *BONK* DIEEEEE!

That's passion.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      It's BASH! It's *SMASH* *BONK* DIEEEEE!

That's passion.
      You are one strange dude.

Defining passion by the amount of violence involved
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

what ever Mr. Chess with no passion.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

And if you call me strange because I have passion, then sure. I'm guilty of being passionate. Maybe you should book a flight with the cheapest airliner and go to Iceland and play few rounds with Fischer and never come back. How's that sound, like a good plan, yes? When are you leaving?
          In da butt.

Comment

I'm guilty of being passionate.
            In Pekka-speak, that means you are one violent man.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

No. Read the thread and understand. REalize. BOYAA!
              In da butt.

Comment

check mate

Comment

In the Avengers, chess gets deadly :
                  Attached Files
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

In the Village, chess is people! :
                    Attached Files
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The Avengers is an awesome series. Partly because it's clever and witty, but also because Diana Rigg was gorgeous back then.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: Chess players don't have enough passion

This is true.
                        Your thoughts?
                        I agree. This is why chess is much better than hockey
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I find the Kasparov-getting-raped-by-IBM match rather amusing!
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

My high school chess team (to which I belonged, and held my own admirably) was full of alcohol & drug abusers, and sex fiends. I was only moderately bad (drug abuse didn't really start 'til college), but a couple of my friends were much worse. One knocked up his gf right after high school and had to drop out of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, another (an attendee at Julliard) got into a DWI accident that killed another member (who used to drop acid & mescaline and "go primal" in the woods around a local Catholic shrine), one used to get drunk and/or high and wander around the neighborhood vandalizing stuff. Our lives and chess games were plenty passionate (and sometimes violent), and we were the best team in our school (our track team was pretty damn good too, but I prefer sports where you sit down unless you're chasing your opponent with a hammer.) Since we were avid poker players, we used to gamble a lot on chess matches, too. Several of us were also on the Academic Decathlon.

No passion, my ass.

Comment

Your point makes no sense.
                              When a soccer player is losing, he tries to score more hopefully by playing soccer.
                              The fact that he doesn't try to strangle his opponents till the security gets him doesn't make him less or more passionate than someone who does.

You used to be one of my favourite poster, you still are ok but you're rambling more and more...

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme
                                You used to be one of my favourite poster, you still are ok but you're rambling more and more...
                                What do you mean, starting?

Comment

Working...
                                X