Chess players don't have enough passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admire great chess players very much

The reason why chess matches don't end up in fights is elimination. Chess players who do throw the board in the air and go for their oponent's jugular when they are losing get eliminated from the sport quickly and you never hear of them. The same way you never have people fighting with knives and machineguns in hockey - it's not acceptable. If they found someone playing with a gun he would never play again.

Comment

Lul Thyme, AH-A! YOu see there you are wrong.. soccer players don't try to score more, well they do but they also spit in the faces of their opponents, tackle WAY more hard, run their mouths all the time, threaten the judge adn the best part, the PASSIONATE audience might commit few murders right there and set the stadium on fire, so soccer has PLENTY of passion.

Chess player in general.. they don't. Even if they use drugs. People who regurlarly use psychedelic drugs are usually peopel with no passion, because they need to experiment and to that thing. All a man needs is few pints and a good bash after pub, and if drugs is needed to be used, then speed because it helps you with the smashing operation.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

" Chess players who do throw the board in the air and go for their oponent's jugular when they are losing get eliminated from the sport quickly and you never hear of them."

THat's because they rise to the ranks of super legends of Chess and the unwritten Hall of Fame. They have other things to do than play chess, like be living Gods.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Bobby Fischer always had pretty serious attitude. Not attitude enough for ya?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have a new sig. WTG Pekka.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

There was a great Saturday Night Live skit/short film many years back, with Jim Belushi as the coach of a chess team, except he was this Bobby Knight-type of coach, screaming at the players and hurling chairs across the room. It was really funny.

"Knight to Queen 4... KNIGHT TO QUEEN 4... what the hell are you doing you son of a bitch?!" (flings chair acros the gym.)

Comment

I saw that one!
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

I remember the one were will ferrel and the girl were cheerleaders and they cheered for.. the chess team.

U G L Y, YOu ain't got no alibi, you're ugly! He-heey you're ugly WOOOO!

K I N G, you can't take my king from me, you're ugly! he-heey you're ugly, WOOOO!

NOT CUTE! woohoo! Sport spirit!

Heyy.. who's that Spartan in my teepee?
                  It's me, it's me!
                  Well who's that Spartan in my teepee?
                  It's me, it's me!

NATIVES AMERICANS! WOOOO!!!
                  In da butt.

Comment

Within the contexts of a game of chess, you can be quite aggressive. Many people are too cautious in chess. Many people are afraid to actually make sacrifices. Many are not willing to bring their power pieces out for fear that they will be taken.

Others do not fear this. And they attack swiftly. And, within the contexts of the game, they are quite passionate in their playing.

Doesn't always work, of course, but it is there.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Within sucking lollipop, baby can be aggressive. It can start chewing right away and doesn't need any taste of blood to go at it like a maniac. In this candy frenzy, they can also be quite intimidating and feared opponents for the candy.

Sometimes, they can go heads up, with either their own bags of candy, or the worst, only one bag of candy. It can get quite ruthless as they try to battle who gets the candy with toffee and who gets the candy shaped like apples.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        soccer players don't try to score more, well they do but they also spit in the faces of their opponents, tackle WAY more hard, run their mouths all the time, threaten the judge adn the best part, the PASSIONATE audience might commit few murders right there and set the stadium on fire, so soccer has PLENTY of passion.
                        Pekka confuses "lack of sportsmanship" with passion.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm sorry Pekka, but Chess is a game of the intellect and the intellect only. Not all bruises appear on the skin...
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Topalov has totally owned the "world championships" going on right now.

Passion?? After his latest victory he ravished a girl on his chessboard showing that he is quite proficient in another form of "mating"
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm thinking that to Pekka, the guy firing his main battle tank gun ( and which tank is the best btw??) is not being agressive enough
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Lorizael, I'm sorry, but I was talking about passion, not intelligence.

Flubber, and no. It's like this.. a rich westerner gives a poor man 10 bucks to eat. Compare it to the Indian hindu dude, who gives his 1 dollar from his savings of 10 dollars for someone to get a ride back home. The indian man gave way more in comparison.

So if you have 100 tanks and use only 10 of them, you might be doing the right thing strategically, but you're not showing any passion. YOu use 100 tanks, make them attack 24/7 and have a group of people to think how to lower hte maintenaince time of the tanks so we can use them more, and how to rotate the soldiers so the tanks are firing at all times. They don't have to fire at teh right target, as long as they are doign everything they can to smash and crash. Then when everything is optimized, the leader takes his sidearm and goes out to fire all of the ammo he has, and when that's out he goes to punish the nearest wall with furious kicks and punches and headbutts.

THAT'S PASSION. Forget about the Chess... UUh but there can be? NO! THERE CAN'T BE ANY PASSION IN CHESS AND EVERYONE WHO SAYS SO IS AN IDIOT!
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X