Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What good has European Union done for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG is PH gay??
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Just in the 'tw*t' sense
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

step 1 to self-acceptance
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Look, if this is some indirect way of trying to hit onto me, it isn't working
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I'm too podgy to be gay I'm afraid anyway
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Nah. You're just a bear waiting to happen.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Grrrr
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Economic & Social Integration in Europe is good. EU bureaucracy is bad.

Some of the software houses I've worked for have benefited from more open access to European markets, so I see that as beneficial. In one job we had people from all over Europe working for us in our London office. This was made easier because of the EU and with these people's languages it was easier to reach other markets. I can't say multi-lingual software is easy to develop (gendered nouns ) but still ...

On the down side, the EU Commission is undemocratic and authoritarian, as is repeatedly demonstrated. When the Irish people voted 'No' to expansion they were slapped about and brow-beaten with a propaganda barrage until they voted the way they were supposed to.

National governments also hide behind the Commission to introduce freedom-sapping legislation - often on 'health and safety' grounds. They say "The EU made us do it" and everybody bows their heads and accepts it.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york

That's because you've never had a perfide kebab. Drunk is the only time that anyone would be brave enough to eat one.

You need to sample your kebabs somewhere like Stoke Newington or Green Lanes, or Edgware Road- anywhere in North London where there's a substantial Iranian/Turkish/Cypriot/Kurdish community- or Southall for the Indian variety.

Succulent kebabs....
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                      X