• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe you're getting closer to the speed of light
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm well-nigh sessile.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Maybe your increased gravity has pulled your waistline in.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Why Do People let Themselves Get Obese?

Originally posted by Park Avenue
          when I get to around 210lbs despite most of it being muscle
          Yeah right
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

Is that Stew?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Drinking to much alcohol probably does it for a lot of people. The addiction to booze causes them to keep drinking.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Slowing metabolism has caught me out. I don't tend to eat that much but with shiftwork it is hard to get the motivation to do the exercise...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Japher
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, Japher usually has a few good ones.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I love that pic... I thought I spammed the internet with it a few months ago

but it's still funny
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

I think I'm going to resize it and put it on my mom's PC as her desktop background
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

probably scare the fck out of her
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

I know two obeses.

Firstly, my father doesn't consider it a problem. He grew up with little penny, and he cannot have the mindset that eating can possibly be harmful. He's clinically obese (but not outrageously lardass) and doesn't intend to do anything about it, at least not while he still work. Considering how often my mother and I call for a diet, he might eventually and reluctancly consider it once he retires.

Another obese I know is a 25-year-old girl, who has a tendancy to eat too much when she doesn't feel good. She had a whole year of depression where she gained 30 kg, on top of an already fairly fat body. She doesn't intend to do any serious diet for now: for one year, she felt stable and she didn't gain weight, and now that she feels good at last (she found an aim in her life), she expects to naturally lose weight with time.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

4 different drugs dropping your metabolism by over 30% can also help cause a sudden weight gain. Try cutting your calorie intake by that much, while working graveyard shifts where your are required to be there - safety type jobs. Add in middle age, and you suddenly can find yourself a good 10kg overweight. Plus being a good cook does NOT help.
                                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X