No announcement yet.

The Boston Globe ranks the top 50 sci-fi shows of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing generates interest like a controversial list.

Comment

20% of that list isn't even sci-fi
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Two of my favorite Sci-Fi shows ever were "Will & Grace" and "Joanne of Arcadia"
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Wait... Lois and Clark... Batman?! Superheros are fantasy, not sci-fi! Buffy the Vampire Slayer? WTF?

And I guess Lost can be sci-fi, if you think all the wierd stuff is because of aliens .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Az
            Two of my favorite Sci-Fi shows ever were "Will & Grace" and "Joanne of Arcadia"
            Neither of them can compare to Levar Burton's other scifi masterpiece, "Roots".
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

Sliders. at least the first couple of seasons.

most of the list is crap though. oh well.

and poorly researched. logan's run-ran for a season or two. wtf shouldn't you know what the answer is *******s?

Comment

so where did lexx come in

Comment

Who cares? Lexx sucked.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Most people don't make the distinction between fantasy and sci-fi. Maybe they should've said Wildly Unlikely to Happen.

Why couldn't a show fit more than one category anyway? The Jetsons may be a cartoon but it's obviously set in the future with sprockets and space hats. The way you're trying to define Sci-Fi limits the genre to live action shows where future science was integral to the show.

At least it gets everyone talking about Sci-Fi in a major paper.
                    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                    New faces...Strange places,
                    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Lost in Space had some disturbing undercurrents.
                      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Attached Files
                        "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

and
                          Attached Files

Comment

How do you put multiple pics in one post?

Comment

I grew up on Lost in Space, the Outer Limits, twilight zone and star trek. Xena is sci-fi, all the magic powers and weapons were created by "gods" instead of technicians.

Comment

oh yeah, the Invaders was pretty good, kinda like the Fugitive and X-Files in one.

Comment

Working...
                                X