Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess who just got a job as a FEMA consultant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who just got a job as a FEMA consultant?

And, that's when it was revealed that FEMA had apparently rehired a former employee as a consultant. You might recognize his name, too — Mike Brown.

At a meeting with staff of the special House committee looking into Katrina preparations today, the disgraced and displaced former FEMA director said he had rejoined the agency as a consultant to "provide a review" of how the agency functioned before, during, and after the storm. This according to two congressional sources.

A congressional aide told NBC News nobody's sure — but it is assumed Brown is being paid by FEMA. He is to testify tomorrow before that House committee, prompting our colleague Howard Fineman to joke that only in Washington would a man on his way to the electric chair be paid to belt himself in.
    Un****ingbelievable.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

for ****s sakes, the idiot is back...

Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

At least he didn't get a medal.
      B♭3

Comment

@

Here's to hoping you'll get your **** back together, some day .
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

how is this even possible? I know. They are so up your face, that people just don't believe how up your face they really are so it just.. goes by..

what is funny now is that he can't be directly blamed after his next **** up. Priceless arrengement What did he do to deserve this?

This can be only topped if he gets paid more now than before.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

The guy wont answer congressional oversight questions about what happened without being paid? He's lucky he isn't being brought up on charges for mass incompetence leading to people's deaths. Oops, that would set a terrifying precedent for politicians and bureaucrats.

Comment

Maybe they're just hiring him so that they can bounce hypothetical disaster scenarios off of him and then write down the opposite of whatever he says to formulate response plans.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                  Maybe they're just hiring him so that they can bounce hypothetical disaster scenarios off of him and then write down the opposite of whatever he says to formulate response plans.

ixnay
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Not that I don't enjoy U.S. politicans ability to adapt and survive in the D.C.verse at the expense of normal citizens, but didn't Brown do a good job handling the Florida hurricanes last year? And wasn't he hampered with FEMA being subordinated to Homeland Security wrt Katrina?
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Brown had little to do with the success of relief efforts in Florida in 2004. That had much more to do with an administration desperately wanting to win Florida in an election year.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Kinda gives new meaning to the 80's action movie cliche, "Failure is not an option."
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I've stated that this is the most corrupt administration since the Taft administration. I am now beginning to wonder if they have even exceeded that - I do not believe the term "shame" is in their lexicon.
                              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X