• Originally posted by Gangerolf
    *prrrrtthth* *foul stench*
    Person A: "Who farted?"

Person B: "Den som fisen først er vár, den er fisens rette far!"
    Person A: "Den som sier disse ord, den er fisens rette mor!"

which means something like:
    "He who first notices the fart, is the fart's real father!"
    "He who utters those words, is the fart's real mother!"

It's about playing the blame game when someone farts. I'm sure this exists in other languages too.

But: and I've given this some thought:
    maybe it's also about somthing deeper in society,
    that someone who first notices a problem (no matter who really created it) is responsible for it.
    We have this as well in german and to such a question you'd answer to "Who farted?" - "Immer der, der fragt!" (or in upper-austrian: "Imma der wos frogt") - "Always the one who asks about it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Atahualpa

yes, I meant Geiz and not Geist

I am pretty sure about the fatty thing, because that's what people told us when we were young and everything was "geil".
      Could it be that they who told you that, though that you were too young and innocent to be told the real meaning ?

Technische Universität Chemnitz doesn't say anything about fatty.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
        Could it be that they who told you that, though that you were too young and innocent to be told the real meaning ?
        Reminds me of my studies in Leningrad, back in the time behind the iron curtain. We had a little Mongol in our foreigner's faculty (his nickname was Genghis, of course), who was a little bit of a Don Juan, or at least a wannabe.

He asked us what means fvcking in German, and since we didn't want to spoil his youth and innocence , we replied, the German word for it is "autofahren" (which means driving a car, to be precise).

A few weeks later he met a young woman from West Berlin in one of the hotel restaurants, and after chatting her up he whispered that word in her ear. She laughed and replied, so you have a car? Come on, let's have a trip.

Needless to say, that our Genghis was pretty mad at us after this disaster.

Comment

• "whole bamboo at chest" (Chinese) means you know what's going on in a game/match/battle/situation and you are going to come out ahead.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gangerolf
            *prrrrtthth* *foul stench*
            Person A: "Who farted?"

Person B: "Den som fisen først er vár, den er fisens rette far!"
            Person A: "Den som sier disse ord, den er fisens rette mor!"

which means something like:
            "He who first notices the fart, is the fart's real father!"
            "He who utters those words, is the fart's real mother!"

It's about playing the blame game when someone farts. I'm sure this exists in other languages too.

But: and I've given this some thought:
            maybe it's also about somthing deeper in society,
            that someone who first notices a problem (no matter who really created it) is responsible for it.
            "Smelt it, dealt it": should probably be smelled, but it doesn't rhyme of course.
            The correct response is always: "He who made the rhyme, did the crime".

Comment

Working...
            X