Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraq attack:
    Attached Files
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

America the Beautiful :
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
        Intelligence and chinese whispers:

Its not quite that bad, but it's close enough to be funny.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

That's very dirty of slate to block my bandwidth theft.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            You are Drake. You've spent years making outlandish claims and one of the most shrill chicken hawks here. We could start a poll to see what people think though Ming would not approve of a personal thread dealing with a fellow poster.
            Wow, you are really becoming a bitter little man, aren't you?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yes, the world is making me bitter.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

notyoueither - anybody who has served in Iraq has the right to make that kind of commentary towards those who have not. Bitterness can be a wholely appropriate, and legitimate response. I have not read his blog - could not, it hits too close to home - but I can almost guarantee that Oerdin has, if not buried comrades, watched them carted off so severely damaged their bodies will never be whole again. Somehow bitterness seems wholely appropriate.

Not withstanding that, Oerdin has a much better record than Drake of posting commentary with cites and facts, and is not guilty of nearly as many instances of uninitiated one-line sarcastic commentary before someone else initiates the exchange. If you want to accuse Oerdin of not being a good Buddhist - I'll agree. However, I do not believe he has ever claimed that. Your one liner is much more indicative of your being exactly what you call him.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Attached Files
                  "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                  —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                    notyoueither - anybody who has served in Iraq has the right to make that kind of commentary towards those who have not.
                    Have the right? Yes, in most free countries. Is it helpful in an open discussion? I don't think so.

I can appreciate what Oerdin did, but that doesn't give him a license to be a vindictive little **** to whomever he disagrees about politics with.

Bitterness can be a wholely appropriate, and legitimate response. I have not read his blog - could not, it hits too close to home - but I can almost guarantee that Oerdin has, if not buried comrades, watched them carted off so severely damaged their bodies will never be whole again. Somehow bitterness seems wholely appropriate.
                    No doubt. However it is not appropriate to direct that bitterness towards people who disagree with you. If he needs help coping, he should seek it out. What he should not do is begin spraying abuse at people with politics different from him, using his service as an excuse, and be encouraged to do that.

Not withstanding that, Oerdin has a much better record than Drake of posting commentary with cites and facts, and is not guilty of nearly as many instances of uninitiated one-line sarcastic commentary before someone else initiates the exchange. If you want to accuse Oerdin of not being a good Buddhist - I'll agree. However, I do not believe he has ever claimed that. Your one liner is much more indicative of your being exactly what you call him.
                    I'm commenting on an increasing frequency of Oerdin lashing out like a fanatic at people he disagrees with. I recall him as being a good natured person a long time ago, and I am concerned when I observe a drift towards a fanatacism in politics that is almost fundamentalist.

If you don't like it, fine. However, you may rest your psycho-babble analysis.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Just one little note - I did no name calling, no put-down commentary in my remark. You could not avoid it in either of your posts. Making my point for me, thank you.
                      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

• (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Harley
                          Just one little note - I did no name calling, no put-down commentary in my remark. You could not avoid it in either of your posts. Making my point for me, thank you.
                          pwnd
                          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                            I'm commenting on an increasing frequency of Oerdin lashing out like a fanatic at people he disagrees with. I recall him as being a good natured person a long time ago, and I am concerned when I observe a drift towards a fanatacism in politics that is almost fundamentalist.
                            You mean slightly left-of-center? Oh, the horrors!!
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Oerdin

Mr. Harley

Ted Striker
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben

You mean slightly left-of-center? Oh, the horrors!!
                                No, like 'freeper scum.'

Like quoting people from other sites in his sig.

The boys got a hate on, and it ain't slighty anything.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X