Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A salad-heavy diet + cycling in hilly country 3-4 hours /week helped me lose ~12 kg June-August.

Salads
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Sorry, I forgot about your mother. Does she wear a strap-on and give you one too?

That's way, way across the line. That's 24 hours for you, PH.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

PH is trolled!
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

...how the hell did a thread about salad turn into a flame war? wtf?
          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

PH got a day and it was well worth it for the sheer offence caused in one of my least popular posters
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It was a fluff thread, not "let's be a fluff-head thread."
              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                It was a fluff thread, not "let's be a fluff-head thread."
                I thought that a salad thread would be insufficiently silly but it turns out that apolyton posters can make any thread into a flame war.

My only real suprise was that molly didn't get a short vacation as well but then again I have never found the moderation of personal insults to be that consistent
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I got a day ban for being nasty about his parents...shame I never got onto his pets
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                    My only real suprise was that molly didn't get a short vacation as well but then again I have never found the moderation of personal insults to be that consistent
                    Provost started it by making fun of molly's sexual orientation, and he also got nasty about his mother.

But they both better stop getting underneath each other's skin.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Because you're clinically obese ?
                      Perhaps this could have been the start? I wouldn't have considered having an innocent laugh at molly's salad recipes to be particularly offensive...
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I don't even know his parents so it was pure insult rather than 'involving family members' which just happened to have references to them...they could be lovely for all I know, unlike some of their progeny...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Provost started it by making fun of molly's sexual orientation, and he also got nasty about his mother.

But they both better stop getting underneath each other's skin.
                          Saw that but IMHO it was a bit of give and take (note I did not see the any prior commments in other threads as implied by molly). From my perspective Molly b was simply a little more clever and articulate in the insulting category but no less involved.

But heck-- its your job to figure that out, not mine
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Perhaps this could have been the start? I wouldn't have considered having an innocent laugh at molly's salad recipes to be particularly offensive...

Actually the thread you made about skyscrapers in London was the start- at least for you.

When argument and fact failed you, you resorted to a lot of uninspiring insults, and ever since then, you've been making what you may think of as devastatingly witty snide references to my being gay- but I have to inform you, they're not particularly funny, nor are they irritating- they do make me wonder though, why my sexuality would be quite so interesting to someone who supposedly finds women attractive, and yet is a self-confessed celibate.

So when I replied to your truly sub-Are You Being Served ? schoolboy insinuation with a comment concerning your weight in a thread about healthy food, you acted all hurt, didn't you ?

That's pretty nasty molly
                            and (hilarious, this):

Well molly, I'm only across the river, so come across and say that to my face if you are the big man...I'll furnish you with my address if you pm me.
                            Mmm, very grown up, that.

And yet despite your obvious touchiness about your girth, mistakenly you imagine I'm the one who is most offended:

..sheer offence caused in one of my least popular posters
                            I do hate to disappoint you, but crude inaccurate remarks about alleged incest with my parents simply reflect poorly on your lack of imagination and verbal dexterity.

Might look good on the back of a toilet door in a hospital for the criminally insane though- or in a fat farm.

Now all I've done is tell the truth-

... I am considerably overweight...but it is just getting around to it...
                            Gosh, who admitted that ? Was it you, P.H. ?

Oh, I do believe it was.

And yet in the same thread, an overweight, self-admitted celibate can say this about me:

Gay in the molly bloom sense. Complete girlyman...
                            despite me not even posting in the thread, or sexuality being the subject of it.

See, it's very flattering that you should think of me so often- unfortunately I can't say I've been paying you the same attention.

But now, more serious matters. Heard of gynaecomastia ?

Being overweight can also be a factor in gynaecomastia, during both teenage and adult years. Think about your diet - what could you improve?
                            Discover information on a range of health and wellbeing topics, plus free online health tools, calculators, quizzes, mobile apps and more from Bupa UK.

Now I don't have breasts, girlyman or otherwise.

I wonder though, if you think now would be an opportune moment to reproduce a photograph of you posted on Counterglow ? Every picture tells a story, eh ?

I don't even know his parents so it was pure insult rather than 'involving family members'...
                            No you don't- so why mention them at all ?

Apparently because you thought it might prove to be an effective insult, and because you were unable to think up anything remotely witty to say.

Contrary to what you might believe, I didn't ask for you to be banned, because sadly for you, the level at which your insults are pitched is one I'm unfamiliar with- but good luck with trying to punch over your weight.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                            X