No announcement yet.

Finishing a Dissertation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this talk of horrendously long dissertations reminds me why I am glad I never finished off my PhD...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

you should have finished it
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Hell no...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

if you start something you should finish it
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Winners never quit, quitters never win.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I can't help you with dissertations because all my work is based on plagiarism and making up things.
              Copying from one person = plagerism. Copying from many persons = research.

Making things up = "A" for creative thinking

Comment

I watched a lot of Sponge Bob when I was working on my master's thesis. I'll have to find a new cartoon with which to occupy myself when I get around to starting my doctoral dissertation, unless they come out with new Sponge Bob episodes in the meantime.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You should get the R-rated version: Sponge Bob No Pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    Copying from one person = plagerism. Copying from many persons = research.

Making things up = "A" for creative thinking
                    That reminds me of the dialogue in Wrath of Khan about Kirk reprogramming a training exercise
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've been working on my Master's thesis for the past 3.5 years, and I'm still nowhere near finished. In fact, I haven't even written anything yet.

(feel sorry for me)

Edit: That reminds me, what the hell am I doing here? I should be working...
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm editing someone's here.

(feel sorry for me, it's bad. Really bad.)
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Finished it! Ha! Too bad, he'll probably still have to redo all the work. Then again, I've seen worse get by here.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                            X