Starting Duty Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Duty Tomorrow

Iraq didn't get me but Katrina did. I called Friday and volenteered for Katrina duty. I don't know exactly where I'll be going but I hope I can help out a little. The irony of this is that just like my last acitivation to go Iraq, this happens the week I was supposed to start a new job. I guess I can't complain. Some of our people are already in New Orleans and Mississippi. They sort of farmed us out for different stuff. I don't exactly know where my experience in fixing night vision goggles or thermal imagers but I suppose my strong back might come in handy. Either way we will do some good hopefully. Last week I took my girlfriends son out to buy some stuff and he donated the last of his birthday money to the relief. It wasn't much, just 10 dollars but to a 7 year old that is a lot.

To little things
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

what will you be doing? any ideas? or do they just tell you to show up?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      Don't know just yet.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Damn proud of you, Sprayber, as always.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

:salute:
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Good luck and try not to get shot.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              Did you notice, that at the time of Spraber's OP, he already said that he did NOT know?
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

My admiration! Treat the people gently.
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

good job
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

God bless. Please, don't laugh at this but review sanitation procedures for heavily contaminated areas. The fecal coliform levels in the water in New Orleans are ten times the human contact level. In that kind of environment even a simple scratch is not so simple.
                    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Wear something POLY in case you're on the news. The high muckety-mucks were sometimes quite irate about some of the slogans we'd write on our camo. ****-em! If you cant take a joke dont join the army!

Never eat or touch your mouth area without first disinfecting/washing your hands. E. coli are not the killers that the news has played up but they can be bad enough in the right circumstances and they're a good indicator of the the real pathogens that are in that soup.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

You guys are making it seem more dangerous than Iraq, though I know you do so out of love. I can dig it, godspeed Sprayber.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                            Wear something POLY in case you're on the news. The high muckety-mucks were sometimes quite irate about some of the slogans we'd write on our camo. ****-em! If you cant take a joke dont join the army!
                            damn right! this is a perfect time for a nuclear t-shirt

good luck Sprayber
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Did you notice, that at the time of Spraber's OP, he already said that he did NOT know?

read his post MrnotFun

he said he doesn't know where he's going...

mentioned about his nightvision experience...

he didn't say anything about his possible duties...

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X