Clear All

Good luck and take care
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
      Good luck and take care
      Blah

Comment

E.Coli will not be the only unhealthy to dangerous organism in that water. It's simply the one most often tested for, and it's levels are generally used as an indicator of overall water quality, or lack thereof. I would rather drink swamp water than the muck in New Orleans, water that has had rotting dead bodies is beyond unhealthy.

Saturday I briefed a pilot trying to get permission to fly his airplane down to Gulfport to assist FEMA. I gave him the coordination phone number, and found out he was a dentist. At first I was puzzled, and then a light dawned, and I asked him was he a forensic dentist. He was, and we talked a little. I could not do that job, especially with bodies in a semi-tropical environment over 10 days old. You know what the oral cavity is going to be like/have in it? That is worse than what Lonestar did for the Tsunami. :shudder:
        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
          E.Coli will not be the only unhealthy to dangerous organism in that water. It's simply the one most often tested for, and it's levels are generally used as an indicator of overall water quality, or lack thereof.
          I believe I said that

Originally posted by SpencerH
          E. coli are not the killers that the news has played up but they can be bad enough in the right circumstances and they're a good indicator of the the real pathogens that are in that soup.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Good luck, Sprayber.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

to the little guy who dontated his bday money. Ten bucks is a lot to a youngster, what a good example to set for other youths. Stay safe sprayber.
              Last edited by Mrs. Tuberski; September 12, 2005, 14:22.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Whoa man. Good luck and take care down there. And what else can I say about trying to be safe from the germs down there?

Kick a** man.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

words may not be expressed but people will allways remember kind deeds done while being overwhelmed & distraught

Thanks

Gramps
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Sprayber

Comment

Don't Get Sick!

And tell us what it smells like...
                        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

SpencerH - didn't mean to sound like I was contradicting you, just wanted to stress the issue. Areas like that can be dangerous - I would grade them as below deadly, but they can still kill you.

Good luck, Sprayber.
                          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Hey everyone. Been down to Mississippi with our guys down there and came back to Arkansas for some equipment when they opened up Fort Chaffee and was completely swamped so they diverted us there to assist. Some of the things I saw I honestly never thought I would see in the US. Can't converse too much now because I am only getting a short break until we get more evacuees in here. Hopefully only 5 thousand this time more 20 hour days ahead for a lot of us here. We were in the process of just cleaning up from the last round and organizing supplies and now we got the word more are coming.

One bright spot I guess is that for three days we have been wading through a couple warehouses full of clothes, toys and many other donated supplies. While some I think took this as an opportunity to thin their wardrobes and give at the same time, others have went out and bought new clothes to give. I'll drop by in a few days with more info. On a sidenote, I have probably lost the new job I was training for just befor this happened. But jobs will come and go so I won't dwell too much on it.

PS in my down time I have finally gotten around to read Lord of the Rings. It's not a bad way to spend the few ours of the day that I'm killing between shifts and sleep.
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Have fun storming the castle
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

the Katrina op is a secret recruitment ploy for Iraq - New Orleans? No soldier, we've got enough guys down there...
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X