No announcement yet.

Starting Duty Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprayber - they CANNOT terminate you from your new job, unless there is some "x-many months" time requirement I am not familiar with. Check around, it's be a big-time problem and the Military is helping out with notices, etc. to offending businesses. The bad thing is that they can refuse to OFFER you a job, and that is happening to many of our reserves/guards.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

or offer a job with the same company that you have absolutley no interest in
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        the Katrina op is a secret recruitment ploy for Iraq - New Orleans? No soldier, we've got enough guys down there...
        Funny you should mention that. A unit from our brigade is going to Iraq in December and the other day they passed around sign up rosters asking for volenteers for New Orleans or Iraq.

We were like "sure that is a real hard choice"
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
          Sprayber - they CANNOT terminate you from your new job, unless there is some "x-many months" time requirement I am not familiar with. Check around, it's be a big-time problem and the Military is helping out with notices, etc. to offending businesses. The bad thing is that they can refuse to OFFER you a job, and that is happening to many of our reserves/guards.

Many in my unit have been let go since our 8 month activation in March 03. The thing about my situation is I was going to sign things to officially start working there two days after I got the word that they needed people. I wasn't forced into this duty and I made the mistake of actually being honest to the guy. It bothers me but I had a real sinking feeling in my heart for a long time after the hurricane. It bothered me a lot after 9-11 that I couldn't go up and help. I kept thinking that my unit would be called for something but it never did until Iraq and then it worked out that I didn't go then. After the past couple of weeks helping these people and seeing the faces of the ones that really appreciate the help it does me good inside. Last week we had a lot of trouble with those that weren't gratefull for anything and caused a lot of trouble but you get that with all groups. All in all most of them were very gratefull and after weeks of being couped up I can understand if they aren't the most agreable people.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Dont worry about your new job just stay in the army full-time.

Which brings me to another thought.

There have been many complaints that the national guard was never envisaged as a source of troops for the regular army. I guess there is some truth to that but blah blah blah... yada yada yada.

Here's what interests me. One of the better aspects of the British regimental system was that soldiers in a unit tended to be from the same geographic region. That meant that they would have similar backgrounds etc and tended to have better unit cohesion.

Does the shift to using national guard troops mean that the US army units have better cohesion than in regular units?

BTW: it always made me laugh that the US army would post african-americans from the south to their alaskan units. I've never seen anyone quite so inept at winter warfare as those guys.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The purpose of the NG is to shoot Americans, not foreigners.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
              X