Mornington Crescent - 2005 Masters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play a station, frog.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Seing as we've already had one minor heresy in this game, I've submitted a full report to the MCCPV. In the meantime, let's avoid further unpleasantness by reverting to Classic Rules (Telford-Beeching variant).

That means all Circle and Northern links are fouled, and Cthnonic forces are intermittantly manifesting on Bakerloo.

Bank
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Reading between the lines, I think Laz was trying to suggest using the Revolution of the People ruleset, so dubbed the "L'edition Satanique" by the elitist Café de Flore's-playing Frenchies of the period. Ironically, this variation never caught on with the masses, since it involved a little too much ideology and a much too little fun for after-tea family play. But then in some ways that was the whole point.

Mile End, and may all your nisbits be red, God help you.

Fine, **** you. Tooting Bec
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Exploitation of the City Branch bifurcation loophole (Cholomley-Warner, 1948, Lincoln-Inn-Fields) is only permitted during Ashes test matches at Surrey's ground, so I'm gonna grab a strong position and take The Oval.

Pick the bones out of that one!

Comment

• If the Northern links are fouled, how do we get to Mornington Crescent, which is on the Northern line?

While someone explains that to me, I'll take the Hammersmith & City to West Ham. A conservative move again for the noob.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Northern links are fouled, not the entire line. Just the links. Bear that in mind when playing MC by the sea.

Chalfont & Latimer bags me some gold tokens, although at the sacrifice of a small portion of my LV. What the heck.

Comment

• Chalk Farm, if people are being gold tokeneers.
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                  Northern links are fouled, not the entire line. Just the links. Bear that in mind when playing MC by the sea.
                  Well, how do you get to the line if you can't get to the links? Am I supposed to get out and walk? Fine!

I'll take the National rail to shunt to Highbury and Islington.

Comment

• You could change by walking from Euston to Kings Cross for example. Or take a bus, if you have enough orange tokens. Although..... the service is sometimes worse than the Underground, and I'm not entirely sure that this ruleset allows it.

Comment

• You can substitute orange tokens for green nisbit chips, so I'm going for Golder's Green.

Comment

• Right- this should weird the newbies out.

Down Street
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          Well, how do you get to the line if you can't get to the links? Am I supposed to get out and walk? Fine!
                          You'll find the game much easier if you stop treating it like a trivial two dimensional maze game. The ruleset has sufficient levels of complexity to allow for much more subtle play.

Kentish Town. (A twinning Action first used in tournament play by Dyjamentowski)

Comment

• Laz - White City.

Comment

• The tokens for nisbits part of course wasn't a manner of too great attention in the 1940-43 Latin American 5th division season, when in Belmopan Belize the cotton planter Lord Hesketh-Fortescue exposed a tie which was somewhat related to "two female cousins". To fully understand this you'd have to be educated in German 70s humour, so all you need to know now is that he made a move which was so unexpected, so weird, yet so anachronistic AND bohemian at the same time, that none of his oppoennts of that tournament would ever have the guts to touch the game again. He simply went for Baron's Court, not without having knipped his contrahents into oblivion beforehand.

Comment

• Sadly Andy, you lack the poise of his Lordship, and seem to have misjudged the degree to which Laz's move altered the flow of the game. You have left yourself very vulnerable to an approach from north of the river, east of the river, or burrowing tactics by anyone with designs on the south. Which is me.

Goodge Street, for the triple black nonlinked suite.

Comment

Working...
                                X