Mornington Crescent - 2005 Masters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornington Crescent - 2005 Masters.

Welcome to the Apolyton Performing Arts Centre for this years Preparation H™ Mornington Crescent Masters. Let me kick off this years proceedings with:

Surrey Quays

Remember, this is Featherstone-Waugh variation and no reverse shunting on the Circle Line...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

I'm afraid it's been awhile, so my rustiness shall soon be apparent. As an American there's only so much practical knowledge one can gain concerning the underground, so I'm afraid my play will be mostly based on high-theory.

That said, I've always enjoyed Arsenal as an opening move.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

Re: Mornington Crescent - 2005 Masters.

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Remember, this is Featherstone-Waugh variation and no reverse shunting on the Circle Line...
      Well, it might be a fairly conservative game, then. But it would actually be appropriate, considering that many of us haven't played for a long time. Besides, the Featherstone-Waugh variation does allow for some subtlety, assuming we're speaking about Waugh Jr. (which would be the only logical choice). Good choice PH

But enough of this babble. I'll block Monolith on his spot by starting with Gloucester Road.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

(I'm sure you have )

Oh well, here goes Ealing Broadway
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Blocking Monolith is all very well, Spiffor, but you are exposed to the north.

Paddington

Comment

Re: Re: Mornington Crescent - 2005 Masters.

Originally posted by Spiffor

Well, it might be a fairly conservative game, then. But it would actually be appropriate, considering that many of us haven't played for a long time. Besides, the Featherstone-Waugh variation does allow for some subtlety, assuming we're speaking about Waugh Jr. (which would be the only logical choice). Good choice PH

But enough of this babble. I'll block Monolith on his spot by starting with Gloucester Road.
            NO! NO! NO! Featherstone-Waugh is one name (pronounced Fanshaw, naturally), after Reginald Peregrine Featherstone-Waugh, a grandmaster of the Mornington Crescent circuit of old...
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Oh yeah,

Plaistow
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Already, PH? Do you have enough Dartford lines to able to pull that now?

Comment

Well Bexleyheath and Sidcup are firmly in my possession...
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Sneaky trick, trying to catch me unawares with the first game of the NFL season coming up, but I am now cowed. I'll make the now famous move, popularized by Sir Mimsy during the 1756 English Final, and play:

North Acton
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I further expose myself here, but PH's gloating must be stopped.

Ealing Common
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's Lord Mimsy to you Imran

And you should have realised that I am pretty much unstoppable by now

Cutty Sark
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

You're right, Spiffor. He'll have the South-East sewn up if I don't move to New Cross.

Comment

You forget, his Lordship was stripped of such title after being found in a London fountain with a French prostitute.

Anyway, before Mimsy's limbs were sent to the four corners of Britain he taught the French prostitute some of his moves, which she used to great effect to become the first female Grandmaster.

You should brush up on your history, Richard, really!

All the same:

Fulham Broadway
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              Cutty Sark
                              Are you serious? That's a pedestrian tunnel. We agreed that the de Montford variant was out.

Comment

Working...
                              X