No announcement yet.

Mornington Crescent - 2005 Masters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well its late tonight for me... maybe I'll take it up again tomorrow morning during the middle of the game going on at the time.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
      Don't think I'm not on to you, Imran. Clever move.

And a hop over to North Ealing as the plan unfolds....
      A penny short and a day late .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This time, we will play a variation I'm especially fond of, even though I know you are going to call me a nationalist. This is the Café de Flore's variation, around which revolved many games with people as prominent as Jean Paul Sartre, Aragon, or Simone de Beauvoir.

It is actually a gesture of trust that I am making toward you I trust you to play with as much finesse as these great people

So that nobody is hampered at the beginning, I shall start with a simple Moorgate
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Obviously Imran's bluff didn't work. I'll have to call it a night as well.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

WOOT! Mornington Crescent!!!

Is shunting allowed in Cafe de Flore's?
            What?

Comment

Yes, I'm afraid I can't play as well - philosophy tomorrow morning, followed by shakespeare in the afternoon.
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

Moorgate Spiffor? Simple you say? Yes, cunningly so... however it was the opening move in the 1926 "Clash of Calais" between Brigadier William de l'Isle and Sir Terrence Sponsworth, wherein the brigadier went on with his 'Ditch Dash' manoeuvre across the Thames, totally fooling Sponsworth with the gambit. You do not seriously believe that the experience of Apolyton players could not see through that ruse?

I will have to block you by playing Elephant & Castle.

Comment

Elephant and Castle would normally be a well accepted move, but there's one minor objeciton I'd like to make:

None of you seem to have followed up the internationalised rules changes as they have been first applied in the 2003 underground championship. This set of rules has to it the very idiosyncratic trait of not letting players all so easily play stations that were not used in the duel match between above mentioned N'cha Ni and the not so well-known Austrian champion Tobias Herzlsprung.

That said, it's Fulham Broadway

Comment

Of course I wasn't aware this was 2nd Botswana edition anyway so there might have been a tactical error. On the other hand, seeing how my play is influenced by the Austria-Hungarian community, it might open new strategic options as well. I shall wait in excitement for the next move.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Of course I wasn't aware this was 2nd Botswana edition anyway so there might have been a tactical error. On the other hand, seeing how my play is influenced by the Austria-Hungarian community, it might open new strategic options as well. I shall wait in excitement for the next move.
                      Well, Imran killed the game under the 2nd Botswana edition by handing me victory

I started a new game under the Café de Flore's variant, of which I'm especially fond. As such, the internationalised rules changes of 2003 don't apply here, because we are using an old-fashioned ruleset. And besides, I've always thought these new rules to favor muchkinnistic behaviour anyways.

Nonetheless, your move to Fulham Broadway is perfectly legal, and I'm afraid that I can't do anything against you now, since Frozzy's move to Elephant & Castle was legal in this ruleset.

Well, I have little choice but to make do with Swiss Cottage. I must confess that I have no particular strategy with this move, but to escape Frozzy's stranglehold.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Poppycock, do you seriously think you are going to get anywhere with a move like that Kalius?

I will play Turnham Green
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Seeing as no one will answer my question i'll go ahead and start with Edgware Road.

As my Dad - who was a fervent admirer of Lord Ammersby's "Witch Wicket" - used to say: "You can never go wrong with the right move, son."
                          What?

Comment

We're talking about Mornington Crescent here though Richelieu, not something as simplistic as chess...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              We're talking about Mornington Crescent here though Richelieu, not something as simplistic as chess...
                              As Willie Rushton's trampling of Gary Kasparov in the Lefortovo invitational (87 or 88?) proved without a doubt. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall...
                              What?

Comment

Well as you can easily tell, I am going to go for the obvious Bakerloo bridging strategem and play Baker Street...as for why I am doing that, well, that will be my little secret
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X