This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
    I heard nothing about looters in Thailand after the Tsunami. And the rescue workers did not carry weapons. But on the other hand, only the 1-2 km next to the coast was affected, so most of the society was intact, which is not the case in US.
    Sex slavers kidnapped many children who were standred/orphaned by the disaster. The joke about kidnapping good looking Swedes hits pretty close to the mark; Blondes were the slavers' favorite targets, as they are apparently worth more on the child sex slave market.
    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Meanwhile, according to "The War Room" in today's Salon:

The perfect storm?

Ladies and gentlemen, we may actually witness Rush Limbaugh's head explode: We received an e-mail message today from Michael Moore, who informs us that Cindy Sheehan has dispatched Camp Casey to Louisiana to help provide the sort of hurricane relief that the "colossally inept and incompetent Bush administration" can't seem to deliver.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• It's good to see that Mother Sheehan has realized that she needs to go to the cameras, as they're not coming to her anymore.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          Well-known popinjay and vocal supporter of the Bush administration, Christopher Hitchens, has also criticised the hurricane response.

Hitchens isn't really a Bush-supporter. ..that's about the only thing he agrees with Bush on.
          Maybe you missed his long azz article that spends several paragraphs defending Bush entitled, "Unfairenheit 9/11: The Lies of Michael Moore"

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So Hitchens thinks Fahrenheit 9/11 was a piece of garbage. Who doesn't?
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Correcting Mr. Moore qualifies him as a Bush supporter?

I suppose that opposing unjust convictions makes you soft on crime then, yes?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• spends several paragraphs defending Bush
                specifically
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Which ones are they?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Probably the ones that say, "Bush" or the "the President" in them.

Comment

• Seriously Ted, is that the best you can do?

edit:
                      Although Hitchens finds himself defending Bush's foreign policy, he has little admiration for the man himself, in particular his support for 'intelligent design' and disdain of reading. As an anti-theist intellectual with a penchant for drinking, Hitchens was unimpressed by Bush's claim to have been 'saved from drink by Jesus."

Yeah, he's a real Bush fan...
                      Last edited by Drake Tungsten; September 8, 2005, 05:32.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I don't intend for you to understand right now Drake.

You're still in the denial stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          Maybe you missed his long azz article that spends several paragraphs defending Bush entitled, "Unfairenheit 9/11: The Lies of Michael Moore"

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/
                          Thanks for linking that. It's a good read.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Hitchens said Al Zarqwari was in Iraq when discussing the arguments for invading. This is a half truth promoted by the Bushies, he was in Iraq. But they dont explain further, they just leave us with the impression (if not outright claim) Zarqwari was allied with Saddam. Zarqwari was in Northern Iraq in Kurdish lands under a no fly zone provided by us apparently training or associating with a Kurdish (terrorist) group. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not, Hitchens is parroting the propaganda of the Bush people. Hitchens knows this stuff and I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt as to fact and motive.

Btw, Hitchens aint no neo-con nor has he embraced their ideology wrt foreign matters, he just hated Saddam and what we did to the Iraqi people and wants them free to set their own destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
                              Btw, Hitchens aint no neo-con nor has he embraced their ideology wrt foreign matters, he just hated Saddam and what we did to the Iraqi people and wants them free to set their own destiny.
                              Hitchens has embraced the general principle that the US can and should use its superior power -- economic, political, and military -- to topple dictators and forceably create democratic governments around the world. That's neo-conservativism (and, ironically, old-style British liberalism, of the sort most closely associated with Gladstone). Hitchens may not be a full-blown Bushie, but he's definitely a neo-con, at least with regard to foreign affairs (which I think is all that matters; I'm unaware of anything like a neo-con domestic agenda).
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• Hitchens has definitely become a neo-con. He has said that his sympathies lie with Wolfowitz and other true neo-conservatives, despite his misgivings about Bush.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X