Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer
    What I'm wondering is how the Cardinals haven't been
    I just can't see them lasting in Phoenix much longer.
    I think that the Cards are on the verge of a major breakout. They have a great WR corps, a fine young RB in Arrington, a good O line, and an emerging D. They should win the NFC West this year. If they start to perform, they could probably arrange some sort of new stadium deal.

As for where they could move... Maybe Portland, Oregon or Omaha, Nebraska. Nebraskans love their college football... maybe they could support a pro team.

EDIT: Adding San Antonio to my list of possible Cardinals destinations.
    Last edited by Wycoff; September 6, 2005, 21:54.
    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I am surprised no one has poked alot of fun at this city for having a nfl quality stadium with no team. A dome that was paid for by our taxes and was not used often for football. When the spurs played there, they only used half of the dome. Since they spurs have a new arena the dome is hardly used
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
        I am surprised no one has poked alot of fun at this city for having a nfl quality stadium with no team. A dome that was paid for by our taxes and was not used often for football. When the spurs played there, they only used half of the dome. Since they spurs have a new arena the dome is hardly used
        Isn't San Antonio Texans country? Would they support a new team?

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

Isn't San Antonio Texans country? Would they support a new team?
          San antonio supports both the texans and the cowboys. more the cowboys then the texans. S A has been looking for its own nfl team for a while but not under these circumstances. This city will support a major franchise if we get one. Its funny they almost sell out the dome for preseason games they have had in the dome the past few years, dont see why, if they get a team, they couldnt sell it out
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
            Is FedEx Field all individual seats?
            I believe all NFL stadiums are individual seaters... Giants Stadium is (and so will the New Giants Stadium).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What about a pro football team for the state of AR...

Beats NEBRASKA
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                USC doesn't sell out its games? I knew they weren't very well attended once upon a time, but after a couple of national championships?
                Nope. Only about 90% capacity is what I read.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I would have thought they would sell out every week and it would be an extremely tough ticket (I know that OSU is a very tough ticket at about 105,000 per game and I expect it is the same at Michigan with 111,000). But I guess having the 8th highest average home attendance at > 85,000 per game is nothing to sneeze at. It's a pretty damn huge stadium at 92,000 capacity.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                    I think that the Cards are on the verge of a major breakout. They have a great WR corps, a fine young RB in Arrington, a good O line, and an emerging D. They should win the NFC West this year. If they start to perform, they could probably arrange some sort of new stadium deal.
                    Where have you been? They're moving into a new stadium NEXT YEAR.

And perfect timing too, I might add...
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
                      Where have you been? They're moving into a new stadium NEXT YEAR.

And perfect timing too, I might add...
                      Then I see no way the Cards move from Az.

Comment

I have recently been reading the news stories about where the saints will play, and am now disgusted by a lot of reporters. Wtf man the city of san antonio is not trying to steal the saints The city has opened the doors for more then just the football team, it distrubs me these so called reporters refer to this city as vultures circling the scene. When in actuality the city has done nothing but offer the team a temporary home until their regular home is available and safe for them to return. Has this insanity gotten so far out of minds realms that all these genusis's that are out there to report the news in a non biased fashion have no clue that what they are actually doing is trying to create an uproar?

Comment

Working...
                        X