Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rescuers Fired Upon. What Should Be The Response?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescuers Fired Upon. What Should Be The Response?

If you're keeping up with the situation in New Orleans, you may have heard that gangs who have looted guns are firing on Chinook helicopters attempting rescue.
    This group of hoodlums are a minority, to be sure.

What should be the response?

Playful and I were discussing, and being the humanist she is, it was her thought that rubber bullets or tear gas be used.
    I'm not as kind. If an officer of the law is fired upon, they are authorized to return fire. So is the military.
    My response would be to return live fire.

I guess another response could be to lead chants of:
    "Rescue, rescue go away. Come again some other day."

What do you think should be done?

Yes. Bad situation, but a decision has to be made.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Shoot'em. They're hampering rescue efforts.
    What?

Comment

yeah, shoot them, and hope that you never hit an innocent.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

According to a post in the other thread, the National Guard denies this happened.

However, given all the other crap going on, I would say the authorities be authorized to fire upon anyone openly displaying firearms.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Shoot 'em. Just make sure you're shooting the right person/people.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I have little sympathy for thugs and criminals in general, and even less in survival situaions. People are dying because of these criminals action. This is a life or death situation for tens of thousands of people. These people have chosen death.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              I have little sympathy for thugs and criminals in general, and even less in survival situaions. People are dying because of these criminals action. This is a life or death situation for tens of thousands of people. These people have chosen death.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nuke them from the orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

People always over-react. No nukes needed. Just heavy artillery, Apache, fighter strikes. Take out anything that moves. And if a few innocents die, too bad. Apologize later.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

The general consensus seems to be that we should just shoot back. Simple enough. To me, though, that's like saying "Catch all the criminals!!!" We just have to make sure we're getting the right people...snipers anyone?
                    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by Mao
                      The general consensus seems to be that we should just shoot back. Simple enough. To me, though, that's like saying "Catch all the criminals!!!" We just have to make sure we're getting the right people...snipers anyone?
                      I don't think so. You also want to project power, show yourself, especially in this case. You want to send the message that things are changing.
                      What?

Comment

Fire back. Where it really hurts!

Comment

MAO SIGHTING!
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Shoot first, ask questions later. And if a cop shoots a guy with a gun, and the guy turns out to be a property owner defending their turfs, oh well.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

We should declare marshal law, an infantry division should quiet things down.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X