No announcement yet.

US vs Europe Art Rumble, 1945-1965

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vargas, Petty, Willis, Elvgren, Ekman and McGinnis for the U.S.

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

chegitz, is that Catts quote for real?
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

It is. I looked it up. He's got a couple other interesting quotes too.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Next thread please US vs. Europe anything 500BC - 1800 AD
            Blah

Comment

Try "genocide"

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                Next thread please US vs. Europe anything 500BC - 1800 AD
                Successful implementation of liberal political thought - Danton and Robespierre against Adams, Franklin and Jefferson,

Easy win.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

America pwns j00!
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Successful implementation of liberal political thought - Danton and Robespierre against Adams, Franklin and Jefferson,

Easy win.
                    Aristotle.

You lose.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

colonist inferiority complex
                      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                        colonist inferiority complex
                        in another thread, way back, somebody said US cultural dominance post WW2 is all pop culture.

Thats simply not true. US high culture has been on the rise for two hundred plus years, and in the post WW2 era achieved global dominance (with the strong assistance of refugees from Europe, BTW)

There is however a strong tendency among some europeans to insist on a stereotype of Americans as uncultured barbarians. Which matches our stereotypes of Euros as effete snobs. Im sure both stereotypes serve various purposes in each society, but I prefer to confront them with reality.

As for my comment on Franklin, Adams etc that was of course simply a response to Bebro's troll.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

US culture in the first half of the twentieth century was world class. Things have dipped a bit since then, but they have dipped all over the world.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Try "genocide"
                            PWNED.
                            Blah

Comment

These competitions are childish at most. Pop culture is such a vague and artificial concept that its nothing to be worked out about.
                              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                                chegitz, is that Catts quote for real?
                                Damn straight. That Catts was a real character. My state is ****ing crazy.

Aggie, Aristotle was a putz.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X