google collects mobile phone numbers!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    i can do that the last 4 years with mozilla and thunderbird....

hold on, i can do that with horde as well (for a couple years too)....

email clients had "thread view" years ago before google discovered "conversations"
    When you use at least 3 computers on a daily basis to handle email, you don't exactly have an option to use Outlook/Thunderbird. And no, IMAP sucks. Hard.

If you like clients so much, turn on POP3 support in gmail and use that in a client.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

actually, i use 2 computers on a daily basis. i use thunderbird at home and horde at work
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Google knows that, so it made sure that the UI was fast, instantanous, like Asher said, it doesn't function like a webpage
        IT's JS/XMLHTTPRequest based as most of the things Google makes (the most notable being famous Google Suggest).

EDIT: For those who're not Web developers:

JS = JavaScript - front-end language useful to make web pages more dynamic without using more advanced features like Macromedia Flash for example.

XMLHHTPRequest (as well as Msxml2.XMLHTTP and Microsoft.XMLHTTP for IE) is internal Java Script object which allows for connecting/data transfer without reloading of a page, thus creating more dynamic GUI (feels like a program on your machine).
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          actually, i use 2 computers on a daily basis. i use thunderbird at home and horde at work
          To access the same mailbox? How do you deal with having two inboxes/sent folders/etc across two computers?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

To access the same mailbox? How do you deal with having two inboxes/sent folders/etc across two computers?
            You can set it up so that your local mailboxes act as "mirrors" of the online one opposed to being the main acting figures.
            Just tick out option "delete after downloading" and some other minor ones and you've got the same.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
              You can set it up so that your local mailboxes act as "mirrors" of the online one opposed to being the main acting figures.
              Just tick out option "delete after downloading" and some other minor ones and you've got the same.
              Yeah, but then you're downloading entire messages to two computers and leaving copies on the mail server, which is messy...

Comment

Yeah, but then you're downloading entire messages to two computers and leaving copies on the mail server, which is messy...
                Messy or not depends on you.
                If it's enforced by mail software settings that the online mailbox is the master and your locals are the slaves, they do not make any mess on their own.
                You might be making it though..

Comment

Working...
                X