why why why why why why me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aneeshm
    If there is no cause to this depression , then I can only put it down to the fact that you have not a firm grasp of reality ( pardon me if I sound harsh ) . The second cause could be that you feel powerless to control your surroundings .

Just tell me , is there something you are good at ?
    he just needs a job. He doesn't work or go to school.

you can't sit around playing computer games all day.

Comment

Well, certainly there is a cause or causes to his depression, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily possible to find out what it is/they are.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        you can't sit around playing computer games all day.
        actually...

i've decided that if I can't sit around playing computer games all day

then I don't want to live

i'm not going to waste my life working 40-50 hours a week until I'm too old to enjoy life
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          actually...

i've decided that if I can't sit around playing computer games all day

then I don't want to live

i'm not going to waste my life working 40-50 hours a week until I'm too old to enjoy life
          exactly where do you live and who pays your bills?

Comment

or better yet, show up in a shirt that says "fvck authority."
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Hm. Would one get into copywrite issues if one had one saying "FCUK AUTHORITY"?
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

exactly where do you live and who pays your bills?
                i live with parents

they're convinced that depression can be cured

so I said I won't commit suicide yet

I'm not that much of a burden though

I pay my own bills, which aren't much...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you know your Avatar design, have you looked into that kinda stuff for erm.....'enlightenment' or stuff like that? Life is good, can be great; find your totem and maybe that will help? weird stuff i know, but the odd shaman/wisemen in png i met often had lots of usefull stuff to say to a 'lost' traveller kid of the 90's when i was over there. Depression sure can be beaten, you just have to want to beat it.........as with many things in life.
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    Why not find a job that you enjoy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

they're convinced that depression can be cured
                      I hope they are right, otherwise I'm fcked.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• depression can be cured. at least patially. And I did it without doctors visits or drugs

okay, most of my depression was related to my job, and I changed jobs. That always helps. .

I still get depressed sometimes in the winter though. But I feel great in the summer.

Comment

• Yeah, job depression is rather easy to solve

I've never had this winter/summer changes, but from dec 18 2004 to 10 march 2005 I experienced five deaths in close family wich, well, made me a little depressed. It was mostly elders and expectable, but still, why should it happen in such short timespan ?
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Some interesting statistics from my court system:

Jurors who actually sit on a trial, usually have a positive reaction to jury duty.

Jurors who do not get picked but sit around in the jury assembly room, hate the whole process.

We have a couple of hundred job classifications at the court -- the one with the highest workers' comp rate: jury coordinator...it's a high stress job.

Comment

• Sava, I don't believe you're depressed. I think you're lazy. And addicted to your computer. You probably complain when your dinner is ready if you're in the middle of a game. Like an 8-year old with a Game Boy.

For someone who's pretty opinionated and intelligent, it's just sad to see you hiding behind crap like "society sucks eggs therefore I won't deign to participate."

What BS.

Jury duty is inconvenient. So go ahead and shirk. Lot of people do.
                              But don't try to make it sound like anything other than what it is.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Dis, WTF is depressing about Las Vegas in winter?
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X