• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why why why why why why me?

ahhh yes... I get it in the mail today

from: clerk of the circuit court of the 18th judicial circuit

JURY DUTY

seriously... wtf are these people thinking?

don't they know me?

how can I get out of this ****?

if not...

I think I'll wear my "OMFG STFU" t-shirt

no that's not me in the pic

will I get charged with contempt if I wear that shirt?

I'm too pretty for jail!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

That dude on the pic looks like the saddest (like bad mood, not pathetic) person in the world
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Sava... frankly if it's for Chicago... you will waste a single day, and believe me when I say it will be a cold day in hell if you actually get selected for jury knowing the types of answers you might give to the questions asked by a lawyer...

However... if you really don't want to deal with it at this point... give them a call and tell them this is a busy time at work and they should reschedule you in the future. You can get away with that once or twice, but eventually you will have to do your civic duty
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'd like to have a jury duty.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

why why why why why why me?

God hates you.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            Sava... frankly if it's for Chicago... you will waste a single day, and believe me when I say it will be a cold day in hell if you actually get selected for jury knowing the types of answers you might give to the questions asked by a lawyer...

However... if you really don't want to deal with it at this point... give them a call and tell them this is a busy time at work and they should reschedule you in the future. You can get away with that once or twice, but eventually you will have to do your civic duty
            well it's the courthouse in DuPage county... wheaton IL

okay thanks, I think I'll do that...

I have much better things to do

like playing BF2, downloading stuff, and listening to sports radio all day
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd like to have a jury duty.

Me too.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'm permantly removed from jury duty, too crazy to serve.
                "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

just tell them you smoke pot. It's that easy.

Aren't you unemployed? What else do you have to do with your life?

I got it when I was unemployed. But they call so many up in my city, the chances of actually being selected are low. I wanted to be on a major trial so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                    I'm permantly removed from jury duty, too crazy to serve.
                    you don't expect us to believe that do you?

Comment

Yeah, next he'll be telling us that he died.

Comment

maybe it's some hardcore criminal who threatens to kill you if you decide guilty? COOL
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The best way to make sure you don't get picked is to miss your lithium that morning.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I've done it once before,and my reaction at first was like Sava's, but after calming down a bit and speaking to some people about, i decided to go do it. The case was very dull and seemed very obvious what the outcome would be(which came to pass). Still i felt i had done my part in representing what a civillised society should be - and that is what its all about.

It's a pain, but serves a purpose.
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              well it's the courthouse in DuPage county... wheaton IL

okay thanks, I think I'll do that...

I have much better things to do

like playing BF2, downloading stuff, and listening to sports radio all day
                              Pathetic.

Here you have a shot at significantly influencing the life of another human being -- one way or the other -- and you're just going to pass it up for video games?

Just go. At "worst" you'll spend a day catching up on your reading while listening to your portable.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X